Eyes And Ears

"What?!" Trevor shouts in the hallway.

"Shhh! Last thing I need is you causing a scene in a crowd of nosey high school students, Trevor" I say pushing him aside.

"Kayla, what the hell, this is crazy. You being near him is not safe. And your father and brother think this is okay?"

"They weren't at first, but they came around" I defend. He shakes his head in an exasperated way.

"Come on 'Trev, don't you want his ass locked up too?" I state

"Yeah but th-"

"Then this is the best way to do it Trevor. We have nothing on him to bring him in. And if I don't do this, all of this was nothing" I say frowning at the thought. He takes a deep breath and rubs his forehead.

"Please Trevor. You're a huge part of my very petite support system. I need to know that I have you behind me" I say trying to look in his eyes that are looking down. He finally meets my eyes and takes another breath.

"Of course I'm behind you. But! I'm going to be apart of the listening team. I'm having my eyes and ears involved just like everyone else." He says raising his eyebrow. I smirk.

"Of course. Thank you." I say. He smirks.

"So what do you have to do now?" He asks.

"Well, it's Wednesday. And from what I know, Mr. Knickson leaves an hour after dismissal because he stays to prep for the next weeks curriculum. So then that's when I'll go in" I say

"And when do you get all 'wired up'" he asks. I take my finger and slowly pull the top part of my v-neck over showing my bra strap. Connected to it was a black clip with a small nub. The microphone. Trevor raises his eyebrows.

"They set me up this morning" I state.

"So they're listening...now?" He says sounding a little nervous. I shrug my shoulders.

"Probably." I say fixing my shirt.

"What about eyes?" He asks

"The police came in before school started to plant the camera in his classroom. Even a few more microphones too" I explain.

"What are you going to do when you see him?" He asks with a concerned look on his face. That was a good question. What was I going to say or do when I saw him. I would grab a knife from the cafeteria and stab the hell out of him. The bastard hurt me. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. I wanted him to feel what I felt but twenty times worse. But the goal is to have him in jail not me.

"I can't even tell you. I guess it will come to me when I see him." I say shaking my head. Just then the bell rings.

"Well, maybe it will come to you after you get some food in your stomach" he says putting his arm around my shoulder. We start walking down the hallway and we pass the random classroom where Mr. Knickson grabbed me into. It makes me tense up a little.

"You okay?" Trevor asks frowning. I nod my head and we continue walking.

When the bell rings for dismissal, I quickly pack up my English books and rush out of class. If I had a choice I would take my precious time. What victim would want to be in a rush to see their rapist. But I have to go around the corner to meet with the police before seeing him. While walking out the schools doors I see Trevor in his phone. I walk up to him.

"I know ma, but I'm going to stay and look out as well...."

"No, you don't need to do that, I'll be home in a few. I'll keep you posted..."