o n e

"We will be landing in Chicago shortly in 5 minutes. When instructed you may unbuckle you seatbelt but until then relax and stay calm but most importantly enjoy your stay. Thank you."

Sighing, Snowlene removed the sleeping mask from her eyes and looked out the window at the city beneath her. It seemed so much more different than Mexico, and she didn't like different.

The plane lightly shook as they landed, the wheels skidded on the tar before it came to a slight stop. Snowlene didn't if know her finger nails were digging into the arms of her seat until her body had calmed down at the thought of her finally being back on the ground.

Unbuckling her seatbelt, she made sure she had her phone before grabbing her bags from the top cargo and exiting the plane. Once her feet had touched the ground she felt a tranquil feeling spread throughout her body.

The airport was filled with busy, hasty people. Snowlene had trouble finding her aunt, bumping and running into people was just making her aggitated and plus everybody seemed to be running into her suitcase she was dragging behind her.

'Snowlene Gonzalez'.Seeing her name being held up by an unfamiliar person, she hesitantly made her way towards the man dressed in a black suit.

"Snowlene Gonzalez?" He asked with an American accent that was foreign to her, raising his bushy eyebrows.

"That's me." Snowlene whispers, clearing her throat and adjusting her bag on her shoulder.

"Well I'm Jackson.Follow me, Miss.Nadia is waiting in the limo."

Oh a limo? She thought, giggling to herself as she followed behind the middle aged man. Stepping outside, Snowlene could defiantly say it was colder in Chicago.

As Jackson said, there was a slick black limo waiting with tinted windows. Wow, aunt.Nadia is living the life. She thought as Jackson opened the back door for her and gestured for her to climb in.

Snowlene goes to climb in, only for Jackson to take her bag and suitcase. Thanking him he nods before closing the door behind her. Shifting on the leather seat, Snowlene looks around the spacious car, her eyes landing on her aunt who seemed to be on the phone.

"...Yes...I'll be there in 10 minutes...hmm?...oh, okay. See you soon...okay...okay bye...bye now." Giggling, Nadia removes her iPhone from her ear and her brown eyes land on her niece who was already looking at her."Snow, honey long time no see."

Giving a weak smile, Snow nods." Yep."

"Como estás?"

"Good." Snowlene keeps her answers short. She hasn't seen her mother's sister in eight years and even before that,they weren't as close. She didn't know how she was supposed to adapt to living with her, maybe she could stay out the way.

"That's good." She smiles, trying to make her niece comfortable but could tell she's not." Look, sweetie. I know how hard this is for you having to leave Mexico and come all the way to Chicago but your mother thought it would be the best and trust me it won't be so bad. Okay?"

Sighing, Snowlene nods trying to hold back her real emotions." Okay."

Nadia claps happily." Good, now we're first going to stop off at my house then we have somewhere to be then maybe I could give you a quick tour of Chicago."

She frowns mentally, Snow really just wanted to maybe sleep the rest of her life away. Dramatic yes, but that's how she was feeling at the moment.

---

As the limo slowed down, Snow peeked out of the tinted window, her eyes landing on a luxuries two storey house with large crystal windows.

Climbing out the car, Snowlene shivered lightly as the wind blew and trees ruslted causing her to tighten the strings on her hoodie.