s e v e n

Chris knocked on the door of his childhood home, the scenery never changed from the grassy hills to the brick homes. Everything felt like home to him.

With the locks turning, the door swung open and Chris stood with a smile plastered on his face.

"Christopher!" Logan shrieked as she jumped into his open arms. He hugged her tightly as they rocked back and forth." Wow...you look...different."

He plastered a fake hurt expression on his face." Damn I don't see y'all for three months and-"

"No,no. It's not like that, it's just you've gone skinnier." She smirked." You need mama's cooking."

His ears perked up." Where is mama?" He asked stepping into the house he grew up in. His baby pictures aswell as Logan's still hung up on the walls.

"In the kitchen." She says, closing the door behind them.

Walking to the kitchen, he can hear the familiar gospel music playing as his mother hummed lightly. Peeking through the threshold he sees his mother,Joyce, stirring up a pot and swaying her hips to the music coming from the radio.

"Mama."

Joyce turned around swiftly, her eyes gleaming as she ran into her son's arms.

"Baby,baby,baby! Ouuuuu I missed you!" She cooed, kissing all over his face.

He smiled, taking in all the love she was giving him." How you doing ma'?" He asked kissing her temple.

"I'm good now that you're here. Logan go help Chris unpack then y'all can wash your hands for dinner."

Nodding the two head upstairs to Chris' old room When entering it, he smiles at the feel of home, with his messy Graffiti on the walls that was starting to fade while you could see a pair of old sneakers in the corner and an old gaming system covered in dust. He refused to get rid of all the "junk", as his mama would call it, because it reminded him where he came from and that he wasn't brought up surrounded by a lavish lifestyle.

"So..." Logan drags out the "o" as she starts to take out his clothes from the small bag." How long you staying, it doesn't look like a lot of clothes."

"Only a week, I gotta get back into the studio otherwise my album release is gon' be delayed." Chris says.

"Then we have to make it worth our while. I just got back from Africa and was going to head out to eat tomorrow, you should come with."

"For sure..." Chris smiles, picking up his pile of jeans and going to place them in his busted up draw." You heard from dad?" He says in a nonchalant tone.

Logan bites down on her lip nervously." Actually he's coming over for dinner."

He freezes, not bothering to turn around as his jaw clenched. He didn't say anything but continued to place his clothes in the draw.

Logan bit down on her lip, Joyce had asked her to not mention that their dad was coming over since Chris and his relationship wasn't the best at the moment. The last time Chris had, had contact with his dad was nearly two years ago over the phone, since then he gave up on trying to improve their relationship.

When finished packing Chris washed his hands before descending downstairs to speak to his mother about what Logan had mentioned but was caught off guard to see who Joyce was laughing with in the kitchen.

"Ah Chris! We was just talking about you!" Clinton chuckled, rubbing his salt and pepper beard." Well... you just gon' stand there or greet your pops?"

Mentally rolling his eyes, Chris put his salty feelings to the side as he went to give his father a hand shake and slap on the back.

"Hi daddy..." Logan says walking into the kitchen and placing a peck on dad's cheek.