Chapter 43 - See Ya Later

Chapter 43

Lucy's gazes softened as my eyes began to fill up again, offering me a hand that I gladly took.

"Well, first off, mum died yesterday morning"

"What?!" She asked in disbelief making the ache in my chest worse. "Ohmygod chloe I'm so sorry!" She said sadly.

"It's okay" I smile even though the pain was unbearable. I took a deep breath and carried on. "Dad cheated on mum and left us" I say slowly trying to stop the tears. I hear Lucy sigh sadly as I go on. "I got a record deal out of nowhere and my boyfriend had a major operation and now I hardly get to see him". I blink a few times before running a hand through my hair and sighing deeply.

"Babe, I'm so sorry" she said in sympathy.

"It's not your fault" I sigh. "I nearly had to have foster parents but I managed to just get away with out them" I say.

"Where will you live?" She asked.

"I don't know yet" I sigh.

Why are things so complicated?

"Right, I'm coming round tomorrow and your going to live with me. I have just brought a flat and it's 2 bedrooms. I'm having no buts either" she stated making me smile.

"Thanks Lucy" I smile even though I felt crap.

"I want you to stay for Christmas too" she said making me almost choke on my hot chocolate.

"Christmas?" I ask in confusion.

"Yeah it's next week...?" She laughed.

I had been so caught up in everything I guess I didn't realise how fast things have been going.

"Jesus Christ I thought we were still in July" I laugh hiding my embarrassment.

"Your so cute" she laughed making me blush more.

I knew I had bags under my eyes but I didn't care. I was the only person here with Lucy and she had seen me in mic worse a state.

"I'm going to Connors in a few days" I say remembering his text.

"Connor...?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, Connors my boyfriend" I say feeling a strange warmth in my chest calling him my boyfriend.

"Awh!" She said in awe.

We sat and talked for another twenty minutes before I headed back home tried to sleep. But failed.

***

"Lucy, I'm going now, see you on Monday" I call up the stairs.

Today I'm going to Connors for the weekend. I moved in with Lucy yesterday and I feel oddly comfortable. I just feel so at home and at ease. As for Tristan, I haven't heard from him since the phone call, which pissed me off.

"Hang on! Let me come hug you!" She shouted back running down the stairs. I laughed at her enthusiasm and waited for her. "Now don't do anything stupid okay?" She said referring to my arms.

Yes I told her, and yes she was upset but she was glad I told her and she told me she was there for me.

"I won't" I promised while hugging her.

"See you soon chick" she smiled as I walked towards the door.

"Byeeeee" I sang back.

I was exited to see Connor but I was pretty much shitting myself about the thought of meeting his parents.

I dove to the train station taking the route that completely avoided the hospital. I can't be negative this weekend. Besides it's Christmas next week, can't forget the whole 'season to be jolly' and ting.

As I wait for my train I watch all the lights that illuminate the streets.

I sit and think about Birmingham and what it's like. I have never been before so I'm kind if anxious about it.

I am woken up from my thoughts when my train arrives. I get onto the train and find a seat near the window and out my head phones in.

See ya later Devon.