Chapter Twenty Eight- The Walkie Talkie

Eliora held her gasp back, trying to not look shocked. Josh continued despite the moment her shield cracked, "He had been murdered and I had no idea what to do. The next day I received my inheritance as the eldest brother and was about to be coronated until they told me I had to have a Queen in order to rule. That's when I set up the plan to meet you. I saw you when you were running from those beasts and when you took them down, I knew you would be a powerful ruler. You know the rest of the story from there," he put his hand on his neck and Eliora just leaned back and looked at the stars. "Do you know how beautiful you are? I hope you understand that you catch my attention more than the stars do."

Eliora is taken aback by the comment, but she locks her eyes with his. She forgot how attractive Josh is, those dark blue eyes and black hair... Those muscles... That smile... "Why is it you didn't pick a vampire? I'm sure you must have a fan club of gawking vampire girls."

Josh laughs, "I do, but I wouldn't have chosen them. You are the only girl I met who actually liked me, not my position as Prince or the fact I'm a vampire. All those Twilight fans just go crazy over that fact."

A giggle escapes her mouth, she hadn't thought about all those components, "So are you my Edward?"

"And you're my Bella," he made a kissy face and swung me dramatically on his arm.

"I know what you are..." Eliora puts her hand on her forehead and looks away.

"Say it... Out... Loud..." Josh purses his lips mockingly.

Eliora puts her hand to her chest looking at him straight in the eyes, "V-vampire!" Both of them burst into laughing, they couldn't help it. Josh sat her back down and then took his place right next to her, putting his arm over her shoulders.

"I also couldn't find a girl with the same humor as me," calming down his laughter, Josh inspects Eliora's smiling face. Josh leans in and kisses her, stealing the unnecessary breath out of her dead lungs. Her eyes slowly closed and the pond's soft running water noise in the background made everything all the more romantic.

Suddenly a flash goes off. Josh and Eliora look up at where the man on the dock stands, holding up a camera instead of a fishing pole.

"Hey! Get out of here! This is a private area only meant for fishers and the royal family!" Standing up, Josh walks with perfect posture scolding the man. Eliora laughed inwardly, but then noticed all the other black lenses sticking out of bushes and the cattails.

Eliora slowly turns her back to Josh and throws on her dress, "Um... Josh..." He turns around to meet the eyes of about ten others staring from the bushes. "Get your clothes and let's get out of here." Eliora whispers.

Throwing his formal pants and button up shirt back on he grabs Eliora's hand, not making it obvious they had spotted the other people. Once out of view, they sprinted, laughing the whole way. They made it back to Eliora's room soaked from the sprinklers outside. Josh perched himself on the window and shakes the water off like a dog. "Hey! You're gonna get my whole room wet!"

Josh inspects her room, "You have a better room than I do... Hey, where's your slave?"

"I don't know. He should be on the bed next to mine. Let me see if he left a note..." Eliora walks to Vincent's bed and picks up a small piece of paper from under the covers, "Sorry for everything. I'm going to get some food and I'll prepare an apology breakfast in the morning. I may stay in my room tonight to let you seep things over. Love Vincent." A sigh makes it's way out of Eliora's lips.

"Whoa. What did he do?" Josh crosses his arms.

Still looking at the note, Eliora tries to close her mind of the memory, "He betrayed me."

Suddenly, Josh's body was right behind hers and he runs his hands up and down her shoulders comfortingly, "You don't have to think about that now. You're safe. You'll never have to deal with betrayal ever again." Eliora turns into his chest and rests her head on his sculpted chest, letting herself sink into his arms. He slowly pulls off her dress and she unclamps his shirt, pressing her lips to his. Throwing her arms up, he pulls the dress all the way off, only leaving her in her wet undergarments. She unzips his pants while he kisses her neck, following the collarbone. While they stand half naked pressed against each other, they gradually make their way to Eliora's bed. Eliora sits on top of him tracing his lips and face as he takes her in. Her mouth lowers to his and she indulges in the sweetness of his tongue. They were married. 'It's not like it's wrong...' Eliora thought, 'Oh, right, but he's evil... How can something so bad feel this good?'

'God I want her... I've never wanted anything like this... I've never had anything like this...' Josh's thoughts blur into Eliora's mind, but neither of them cared, they continued indulging in each other.

Suddenly, a scratchy sound comes from the bedside table; the walkie talkie.