Chapter Twenty-Four: The Date

Vincent presses himself against the bed in fear as Eliora slowly drops her fist, "If you're angry..." he grunts, "I understand... I deserve this pain..."

"Vincent! I'm so sorry! I-I don't know what happened! I blacked out for a second and suddenly you're bleeding in front of me. Here," Eliora bites open her wrist and puts the blood to Vincent's mouth who takes it obsessively. Her wrist involuntarily pulls away after he drinks five gulps. Too much...

Vincent licks her blood off his wrist like an animal, "Thanks... I don't get why you haven't killed me yet."

"You may not be the same man who held my hand and taught me how to shoot, but you've still got his body and face and I could never harm that Vincent," Eliora's eyes turn dark.

A memory flashes into her mind. Vincent holds her arm up as he kneels, having a hard time with her small size. The smaller Eliora giggles as he lifts her elbows up and tickles her. He then helps her draw back the bow and steps away. Little Eliora releases the arrow hitting perfectly center on the captured vampire's forehead.

"You must be a carpenter 'cause you nailed it!" Vincent smiles proudly, but it fades away and he takes Eliora's hand in his, "Now, Ellie, remember that this ability is a weapon and is dangerous, but also limited. Make every shot counts and remember who the enemy is. Try to never hurt any other humans unless they attack you or attack someone else."

"Yessuh," Eliora says meaning "yes sir," but she can't really say Rs yet. She hasn't the need.

"Now let's go find some food with the other's. Tally will need the most, being pregnant and all. We'll have to give her the biggest bunny or deer if we're lucky. Come on, Ellie," he pulls Eliora up onto his shoulders and walks out of the boundaries of the memory.

"I see..." Vincent replies thoughtfully.

Three knocks on the door alert her that Josh is here and ready for their date. When Eliora opens the door, three girls flutter around her with measuring tape, fabric, and hair supplies, "Whoa, what's all this?"

"You're a princess," One with really big eyelashes says as she wraps the measuring tape around Eliora's waist, "31 inches."

"Who needs" another says who thanks the girl who just spoke and starts cutting fabric.

"To be," the other says as she messes with Eliora's hair.

"Beautiful!" The one with the fabric throws a dress in the air that has navy print and a white petticoat underneath.

"For," the one looking at the measuring tape inspects the numbers says.

"Your," The one inspecting Eliora's split ends says.

"Date!" They all finish in unison.

"I'm Isabelle," the girl who lays out the dress says.

"I'm Annabelle," the girl with beautiful brown hair and yellow eyes says as she brushes Eliora's hair.

"I'm Gabrielle," the girl with a measuring tape over her shoulder inspects Eliora from head to toe.

Eliora starts to say, "I'm-"

"And you're Eliora, of course!" They all say in unison. Eliora laughs awkwardly. They're starting to freak her out.

Gabrielle goes over to Isabelle as she cuts up the dress and ties on random bows, "Don't be overwhelmed by us. We can be a little intrusive," Annabelle speaks softly.

"God she's way too fat for this dress! get a different one!" Gabrielle throws her arms into the air as Isabelle runs to the closet again.

Annabelle smirks as she sits Eliora down on a chair in front of the mirror, "Don't worry, you aren't fat, they're just anorexic."

A laugh escapes her mouth as she speaks, "How is it you aren't as anorexic and materialized as they are?"

"Silly, I'm different."

"And what makes you different?" Eliora raises an eyebrow.

"Can't you see it?" she smiles and raises her hand to eye level. A gasp escapes Eliora's lips as she sees the intricate patterns of the Shifter sign. Its sharp canines wrap into a circle with a moon and a sun around it.

Eliora catches Annabelle's blue and gold eyes, "You're a shifter?"

"Yep. The gals know it too," Annabelle says as she looks hopefully towards Eliora. For some reason she looks vulnerable, as if waiting for words of acceptance from Eliora.

A collective gasp comes from the two behind them, "Annabelle you aren't supposed to tell the queen that you're a shifter! She'll throw you out! You know that! It's low to be a Shifter. Why did you take off your gloves? You know that you're supposed to hide it," Gabrielle whispers violently to Annabelle.

"No, it's okay. I promise I won't kick her out. I have a friend who's a Shifter," Eliora smiles politely down at the confident girl.

Annabelle smirks, "I knew you would. I can just tell, you're different, Special."

At this both the other girls grab her arms and escort her out, "Your dress is all finished! We'll let you go!" They scurry out quickly in a panic for some reason. For a moment Eliora focused on the door and heard arguing and hissing sounds.

She looks back at Vincent who is passed out on the bed. He must be tired after all the blood he lost...

"God I'm such an idiot," she muttered under her breath.

Eliora's eyes scanned the dress they had just put together. It was a chocolate brown dress with a floral pattern cascading the bottom like cartoon winds. The V-neck turned into a heart shape without the pointed bottom and see through sleeves wrap around into gloves. Wow. They had made that in the few minutes they were here.

She couldn't keep herself from snatching the dress and throwing it over her shoulders. She looked in the mirror, but saw a reflection of her with red eyes and a black dress that was pretty slutty. Shocked, Eliora turns away from the mirror and looks back to find an empty glass, no one to be seen except Vincent.

Eliora closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Why did these images bother her so much? Probably because of what Josh's brother said, in how mirrors are the reflections of one's soul. It sent a shiver down Eliora's spine.

A window creaks open and Josh steps onto the window seat, "I can show you the world," he sings.

A giggle bursts out of Eliora's mouth as she steps over to him, "Oh yeah? You got a magic carpet?"

"Nope, but I'll throw myself out of the window," he stands up straight and then begins to fall back.

"Oh my GOD! Josh!" Eliora rushes to catch him and then watches him stand in mid-air. "Holy crap... How did you...?"

Josh smiles smugly, "I can control the wind. I've technically got a storm under my butt."

"Wow. Really didn't need to know that," Eliora covers her nose mockingly, "Can all vampires do that?"

"Nope. Just me."

Eliora smirks, "So that's where all your hot air comes from."

Josh gives her a vacant stare, but then laughs, "Sorry what was that? I was thinking about how awesome I am," he grabs Eliora's hand with a focefulness, "Something about your question though, I've got a similar one. I'm pretty sure one more vampire could probably do it."

"What on earth do you mean?" he pulls Eliora out in mid air with him, but she starts to fall, "Josh! Help!"