Chapter Twenty-Two: Let me Persuade You

Joshua notices her shock, then laughs, "Oh, don't be paranoid. I can only read your mind while you're next to me. Don't be afraid, I don't hear your uncontrollable thoughts of what I would look like naked."

"You wish," Eliora laughs.

"You know, I really am happy your my princess," he looks down at his ring on his left hand as Eliora does the same. Her diamond ring sparkles in a way that seemed as if it were mocking her. 'I really am.' Eliora gasps at the sudden thought in her head. "Don't freak out, that was me. You can hear my thoughts, too."

"That explains a lot," Eliora continues walking. "Actually, I was wondering, when did you start hearing my thoughts?"

"When we were bonded by the turning," Joshua explains.

"So when I was human you couldn't hear my thoughts?" Eliora blushes.

Joshua laughs, "Again, your perverted thoughts were not heard. I'm glad mine weren't either."

Eliora could feel Joshua smirking to himself. Despite the lack of a pumping heart, she feels a warmth in her chest. The walk stays silent as she thinks about the feeling. Is it real?

"You're really taking everything so well. You've gotten your first slave, you've gotten your vampire powers, and you've looked gorgeous the whole entire time," Joshua smirks.

I giggle at his remark, "Thanks for the credit. I just hope things won't still be hard."

"I'm afraid they will, but don't worry about it. You've got me by your side," he puts an arm around her shoulder, an action Eliora inwardly cringes at, but pretends to melt in his arm.

A smile forms on her lips as she taunts him, "Wow, now I definitely feel better."

"Yeah you do," he laughs, "I am such a great encourager! Maybe the best."

"Definitely, but I'm a better kisser," Eliora teasingly puts her hands on her hips, balancing Vincent on her shoulder.

Joshua smirks, "Prove it."

Eliora leans in, meeting his lips with her own, a warm feeling spreading through her undead body. When she pulls away Joshua stands there shocked. Joshua smirks, "I've been persuaded. You are a better kisser."

Joshua comes forward to Eliora as she gently lets Vincent fall to the floor. Joshua kisses her with seemingly genuine passion, but the kiss felt somehow sad... Or it might be her imagination. For some reason her body reacts to Joshua by making Eliora put her hands in his hair and deepen the kiss. Inches away from his mouth she stops herself, "Josh..." she looks into his deep blue eyes, somehow forgetting what she was going to say. She's never felt something like this before, but... He lied to her... He's practically a stranger.

'I think I may love him...' Eliora gasps. How did that thought jump into her head? Is this love? 'Eliora, pull yourself together! You've got a hot guy on your palm. Take advantage of this.' This kind of thought is not usual...

'Hi hi! It's me Ellie belly! You,' she hears the dark voice of the other Eliora in her head.

'That explains a lot. You little bitch, get out of my head,' Eliora pulls alway from Joshua.

"What's wrong?" Joshua asks.

Eliora smiles, "I was just blown away by the kiss. Can I honestly ask you something?"

"Yeah, I'm all ears," Joshua pulls Vincent over his shoulder.

Eliora hugs her elbows, feeling incredibly insecure, "Do you actually like me? Was that kiss genuine?"

Joshua gazes into her eyes, "Well, yeah. I really like you, Ellie. In fact, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date?"

"A date?" 'A date in a time like this? Humans are on the brink of extinction and we're going on a date?!' Eliora purses her lips.

Joshua laughs, "You seem shocked. I wasn't going to force my love on you."

"Alright. I guess I'll go on a date," Eliora accepts.

Joshua continues down the hall with her, "Were... Were you genuine on the kiss? Or were you faking it...?"

Eliora pauses and takes a deep breath, "I don't know how I feel about you yet. I can't really make a judgment..."

Joshua stays silent for the rest of the walk. He shows her to a huge door on the right side of the corridor with violet wallpaper and red carpet, "This is your room for the time being. There's an extra bed in this room that Vincent can sleep on."

Eliora rubs her neck and smiles, "Thanks. I'll take him."

Joshua trades off the unconscious human and gives Eliora a kiss on the cheek, "I'll see you tonight at our date," and with that he leaves silently. Eliora watches Joshua as he disappears around the corner. With a large sigh, Eliora opens the door to her new room.

She hasn't seen a normal bed room in ten years. Her life is about as normal as a circus clown's. Taking a deep breath, Eliora steps inside the room.

The excitement in her chest erupts as she stares at the magnificent room. Eliora squeals as she runs inside it. The main two queen sized beds sit next to each other, both with large red canopies. She takes in all the beautiful artwork on the walls, the TV, and her own kitchen. Holy shit. A kitchen. Eliora rests Vincent down on the queen sized bed with a grass green comforter.

Her curiosity takes over as she wanders why a vampire would want a kitchen. She opens one of the drawers next to the stove. A letter rests in the drawer just tempting Eliora to open it like a present on Christmas Eve.

She uses her nail to open up the seal and pulls the letter from the envelope. A strange stamp rests on the envelope with a symbol of a three faced man. Eliora pays no mind to the detail, but begins to read the letter.

My dear brothers,

It has come to my attention that doubt has risen in both of your minds. I realize now that I cannot count on you to capture the Eligit's vessel. Due to this knowledge, I believe I should take events into my own hands. If anything should happen, I will leave this note to explain to each of you what is yours and what is not. To you, Prince Blayne, I leave my room and my slave, Beatrice Claywood. Her life and her love belongs to you. To you, Prince Joshua, I leave my kingdom, my other slave Vincent Vanguard, and my eternal soul. Please cast away contempt for whatever the Eligit and her vessel does. She is important to this chess game.

Love eternally,

Your brother, Damien.