Chapter Thirteen: No...

Eliora sits up, "What do you mean?"

Beatrice shakes her head, grabbing Eliora's hand and leading her out of the room. Eliora's hand aches at her fierce grip, but soon, Beatrice flattens Eliora against the wall.

"Whatever happens... Stay here," Beatrice whispers.

The mumbling in the room stops, "Beatrice?" Blayne asks.

"Yes?" Beatrice giggles, entering the room. Eliora stays behind, putting her ear to the wall.

"We need to talk about Eliora," the voice is Josh's.

There's a slight pause before Blayne replies, "I know. She can't know a thing. I've got that part. I have to keep pretending to be this 'Peacemaker' so she'll be persuaded."

"Yes, brother," Josh says. Brother? Eliora guesses that could've slipped in conversation... "I have to get Eliora to turn into a vampire and become my mate in order to get her on our side."

"Come here lovely Bee," Blayne sings. "Hold on, brother dear, I must feed."

"But I'm feeling a little dizzy Blayne... You've taken a lot of blood from me today," Beatrice's voice comes from inside.

A slap sound comes from within, "You think I've ever cared for that? Don't let this little 'act' make you think I've changed." Beatrice groans in pain. "Now, get over here my little bitch."

"Yes, master," she says almost inaudibly. A moaning sound comes from Blayne and a surprised sound comes from Beatrice. If Eliora didn't know any better, she would have taken that to be a rape scene.

"Continue, brother," Blayne smacks his lips, satisfied, a thud comes from inside.

Josh gasps suddenly, "Brother, what will Eliora think when Beatrice is no longer around?"

"Pah. No one would notice the little twerp's dead. Eliora has more to worry about than that," Blayne chuckles. Eliora contains a gasp. They just killed Beatrice.

Josh shushes him, "She may hear us."

"She was fast asleep. There's no way she could hear us," Blayne says.

"Fine. As I was saying, she needs to have a taste of what it's like being on our side before she decides to be an ally or dead. Remember what I saw?" Josh asks. Eliora puts her hand to her heart, appalled. Is this really the same Josh that was with her a few seconds ago?

"Yes. She could be our greatest ally, or enemy. It's a delicate situation. I still wish we could have killed her when we first saw her. You know what that little bitch did," Blayne hisses.

Josh's voice remains slow and calm, "Your contempt is not worth waging war on a powerful person."

"Fine. I just wish I could torture her in a way without loosing an ally," Blayne's voice snarls.

Josh hisses, "We are past that. Get over yourself."

"Hush, I hear her," Blayne shushes.

On cue, Eliora walks around the corner of the room, yawning and scratching her head.

"Hey, Ellie. Got some sleep?" Josh smiles warmly. Inwardly, Eliora gags at his ability to act.

"Yeah... Had another nightmare, but it's not important. How are you?" Eliora asks.

Josh beams, "I'm good! Blayne and I were just talking about how you can be let out in a few days. I actually, I wanted to ask you something."

Eliora hides her shock, "Yes? What is it?"

"Blayne? Please-some privacy," Josh says. Blayne bows and leaves the room, "I was wondering..." he grabs Eliora's hands, "Would you like to be my queen?"

"You're... Queen?" Eliora repeats.

Josh smiles meekly, "I need someone strong next to me on the throne- dealing with the revolution and everything. I feel like you would be perfect at it."

"What would I gain from that?"

Josh laughs, "Everything, Ellie, everything! You'd be my wife, you would rule a powerful kingdom, and you'd even get your leg back."

At this, true shock, sprints through her whole entire self. She could get her leg back, "Really?"

"Really. What do you say?" Josh looks at her questioningly.

Eliora swallows, "But I don't feel that way about you."

"The queen and king never do, but you could learn over time," Josh admits.

Eliora bites her lip, "I need to think about this." She meant it. She really did. She could get her leg back. Maybe it would be easiest to give in.

"I totally understand that," Josh nods.

Eliora takes a deep breath, "Actually... Josh, I accept your offer."