Chapter Nineteen: First Supper

Eliora smiles at the camera as the woman wraps things up.

"Well, it's about time to let the new royal couple be alone. For more gossip, go to our website and follow us for all the latest stories. My name is Jennifer Jenkins here with all the most exciting news! Da zdravstvuyet printsessa and long live her people!" Jennifer giggles.

"Cut!" the cameraman shouts. He puts the camera on the bed and nods approvingly to Jennifer.

"We shall see you soon, Your Majesties," Jennifer bows. The two wave goodbye as they walk outside the room.

"How is it?" Joshua asks. Eliora prepares her answer, but a sudden impulse courses through her body, interrupting her thoughts. She grabs Joshua by the neck and holds him up on the wall as she growls. Joshua's expression stays the same as she pushed against him with mass force. An exhale slash laugh escapes Joshua's lips, "I expected this. Newborns have sudden impulses of violence only when they're hungry."

"I feel unreasonably... Angry," Eliora snarls, "I feel like I want to rip you apart..."

"We'll get rid of that. Blayne!" Joshua commands. Blayne enters the room, also unsurprised by Eliora's position. He grabs Eliora's shoulder, a sudden relaxing feeling spreading through her.

Blayne smiles, "Sister, it is time to feed."

"Sister?" Eliora pretends to ask.

"Yes. There are a few things necessary to discuss, but right now, the biggest thing is to get you a meal before you kill one of us," Blayne looks in her eyes maliciously.

"Come along, my dear," Joshua offers an arm.

Eliora slaps away the offer, "I am no one's 'dear'."

Joshua genuinely laughs, "This is why I like you, Ellie."

Blayne scoffs, "Really? Rejection turns you on? Huh. That's messed up."

"Shut up," Joshua playfully punches Blayne. They walk down the corridor, discussing their plans of safety for the vampires of Vahirine. They talk about how no human should even know about Vahirine. Eliora inwardly laughs, knowing that all the Ravens most likely know about it. Suddenly, she stops in the middle of the corridor.

"What is it?" Joshua questions.

Eliora stares at the floor, "I forgot. Being a vampire means... I'm going to drink from a human."

"Ellie... I know it's hard, but people have tried to eat other things. It all ended up in dying from starvation," Joshua explains.

"What about animal blood?"

Joshua laughs, "This isn't Twilight, Ellie. Animal blood does not have the necessary supplements to keep one of us alive." 'Twilight! That was what is was called!' Eliora thinks. "We'll leave you alone with the slave in the dining room."

Eliora opens the double doors and walks into the huge room. The chandelier enlightens the entire room and the red carpet that leads to a couch. Like magic, leaves float down from the ceiling in a pure symbol of the season; fall. A figure sits on the couch, holding his hands nervously.

Suddenly, it hits her, the intoxicating smell like fresh steak off the grill. Her stomach growls at this forcing her to step closer to the figure.

A gasp forces its way out of her mouth as suddenly the figure becomes clear to her, "... Vincent?"