Chapter Twenty: Vincent

"Who-who are you?" Vincent stands up, his strong frame a little intimidating like it used to be.

Eliora scans his blonde hair, his brown eyes, his army uniform, "You look so different... You-" she's suddenly cut off by a whim to kill him.

'Eliora...' a voice sings on the inside.

In an instant she finds herself in a room similar to the one in her dream, though, a few things are different; mirrors sit all around her, only a small opening between each mirror and the room is half dark, half light, "Eliora. Long time no see."

Eliora glances into one of the mirrors, the black haired and blue eyed girl staring back, "You. What do you want?"

"It seems you have hit a decision point. I would like to be apart of the decision," the other Eliora crosses her arms.

"What do you mean?"

The other Eliora laughs, "You haven't figured it out yet? Pathetic! You realize that Vincent is your 'meal', right?"

Eliora sighs, "Don't remind me..."

"I can make your decision really easy. I have a few points to make, before you decide to starve yourself," the other Eliora crosses her arms over her large chest, "First off, Vincent betrayed you. This is your way of getting back at him! He gave you to the vampires! Now look at the irony! Second, you're hungry! What other point should there be? You're hungry so you should eat. Third, you know you've always wandered what blood tastes like. Here's your chance to find out," the other Eliora smugly smirks.

Eliora looks at the girl with uncertainty, "I-I have mixed feelings on this... Vincent- I don't care if he betrayed me, he was still my friend."

"And fatherly figure which makes his betrayal the worst! How can you forgive someone like that?" she exclaims.

"Shut UP!" the room gets a little darker. Eliora's anger fills up in her chest, "I will decide what I will do!"

"I hope you take into consideration my opinion," the girl leans out of the mirror and looks up at the ceiling. "I can already see the anger building in you."

Just like that she's back in the room, staring at a confused Vincent, "How do you know me?"

"Vincent, it's me Eli-" again, the smell of his blood infuriates her stomach, making it growl.

"Ellie...?" Vincent's expression turns to shock, "Ellie? What- Ellie's- Ellie's dead... You couldn't be Ellie."

"I'm not you douche. Well- I wasn't dead. After you left me, I had to fend for myself! I fought my way out of being that vampires slave! I couldn't believe you were a Gambler! I still can't!" Eliora snarls.

He steps up to her, towering over her as he glares, "How do you know all that? Huh? You playin with me before you kill me?"

Eliora hisses, backing away, "If you know what's good for you, stay away!"

"I know what you're capable of- mosquito! You think I don't know shit?! Huh?" he puts his arms in the air.

Eliora presses herself against the wall, "No... I didn't mean that as a threat..."

"Don't mess with me. Are you really Eliora?" Vincent crosses his arms.

Eliora sighs, "You must be a carpenter because you nailed it." She says solemnly.

Vincent's eyes widen, "Eliora... It is you... Why-how...? Oh man... Don't- please don't slaughter me... Ellie-I'm really sorry."

Eliora feels bad on the inside, when suddenly, anger boils inside her chest. He always made fun of how weak she was and now he's asking for mercy because of her power! He deserves no mercy! She sprints over to him and grabs him by the shirt.

"Ellie! I-I protected you for four years! I had to do what was best for my people! I had to give you up!" Vincent explains.

"Shut up. Everyone has a choice," Eliora aggressively snaps at him, her voice seemingly deeper and more threatening. She throws him across the room, a sick cracking sound resonates through the room as he hits a fake autumn tree. With fierce speed, she meets with him on the ground, picks up his body, and pulls his neck to her lips. He groans, a small sliver of blood coming from his mouth.

"You deserve this you douche," Eliora whispers in his ear.

Her teeth sink into the skin, blood filling up her mouth; though, this blood is not warm. It's cold and kind of thick.

Her eyes open to find herself drinking from her own hand.