Chapter Twelve: Nightmare

"Eliora... Are you okay?" Josh grabs her shoulder nervously as she sobs. She doesn't speak, but falls into his arms, trying to flush the memory out of her mind. His arms wrap around her after a moment of shock. Despite the fact her leg is fake, she feels the pain of when it was crushed by the brick wall.

In the mirror on the side, she sees Josh looking down at her leg. She couldn't read his expression before he pulls away, "What was your dream?"

"It was about losing my leg..." Eliora says in between sobs. His face doesn't look shocked which she thinks is strange since she never shared about her prosthetic.

"It'll be okay. The dream's over though. That means you're fine," Josh smiles. Suddenly, Eliora becomes aware of the sharp canine teeth under his lips.

Eliora nods and leans back in the bed, allowing herself to go to sleep. She feels Josh get off the bed and walk out of the room. She knows she'll get another horrible dream, but she also knows her exhaustion overrules the nightmare.

She writhed in pain as Kate ran over to her, inspecting the situation. Suddenly, Kate jumped back, her gun aimed upwards. A blur ran past her making her gasp.

"Ellie! Um... Going to be okay," Kate stated as she focused on the blur.

Ellie cried out in agony, "Kate!" she chose her next words carefully, "Save Henry! Get him to safety! Leave me behind!"

"Not possibility. Saved my life, Ellie. You will not left here," Kate's voice cracked with fear. She yelled out as she saw the blur once again, shooting at it.

A cry of pain came from above Eliora as she laid there, closing her eyes tight. Black liquid squirted off the side of the brick wall. The blur that had been running around stood on top of the brick wall, holding its arm. It hid its face. A hiss followed the creature speeding away.

"Ellie. Please do not look," Kate said, going down to Eliora's right leg. Containing her fear, Eliora looked ahead, Henry standing by innocently.

"Ebbie? What is Kite doing?" Henry twiddled his thumbs, unknowing of the situation.

A scream escaped Eliora's lips as a sudden pain shot through her right leg, then suddenly, numbness. The world spun around her as Kate grabbed her pulling her away from the scene. How was she loose?

"Don't look back, Ellie, don't look back," Kate continued to repeat, over and over and over. When Ellie looked up, Kate was covered in blood, a large saw in her hand. Henry followed behind, mortified. Dizziness surrounded her as she looked up at the car ahead, black encrusting her vision.

"Hang on... Hang on, don't fall to sleep! Ellie? Stay with, don't fall to sleep!" Kate huffed. She dropped the saw on the way, holding Eliora with both arms.

"Kite? What happened to Ellie's le-" Kate harshly shushed Henry.

Kate glanced down at Eliora nervously. Eliora felt numb. Her whole body felt numb. What was happening? She still didn't understand how Kate got her loose, "Kate... What's... What's going on?" Eliora's breath slowed down.

Kate put her down in the back seat of the Mercedes, putting her jacket over Eliora's face, "Speak with me, speak, Ellie," Kate said frantically, "Just keep speaking. Swear will be okay."

"I feel... Dizzy... Am I supposed to see stars?" Eliora looked at the fluffy material of Kate's jacket. "Kate... What-what's happening... To-to me?"

Eliora felt the car begin to move, Henry asking multiple, inaudible questions to Kate calling her Kite as usual. Eliora took deep breaths, her consciousness slipping away. Suddenly, Eliora felt the car stop, her ears catching the sound of someone's footsteps coming towards her. She felt someone's arms wrap around her, frantically trying to get her somewhere. In the person's arms, Eliora rested her head on their chest.

The person put her down on something that felt like a metal platform, "Kate...?" Eliora moaned.

"Will fix you. Will be okay," Kate muttered. Eliora blacked out.

Eliora wakes up in her bed with Beatrice sitting in a chair nearby, "You were having a nightmare."

Eliora nods her head as she closes her eyes, "Yeah... What are you doing here?"

Beatrice whispers slowly, "Because I'm like you- human- I... I think you need to hear the conversation between Blayne and Josh."