Chapter Seventeen: It's Time

Short chapter warning guyses!!!

[Copyright: The toast is originally from the movie Hitch.]

===================================

Everyone golf claps as Josh steps onto the platform, giving Eliora a slight glance, "People of Vahirine, I welcome you to this cheerful event tonight. I don't know if you all have heard, but Vahirine is recieving a new queen," everyone laughs for some reason, "Now, with further ado, we shall begin the coronation with the tradition toast."

Multiple butlers and maids bring out red liquid in glasses to all of the guests, "Let us toast, and for my dear Eliora, she shall toast with wine." A maid gets down on one knee next to Eliora as if proposing, and hands her a liquor glass. She accepts it happily, glad that this is her final act as a human. She scans the crowd of vampires, all eyeing their drinks, "Never lie, steal, cheat or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of those who love you. If you must steal, steal people's breath away. If you must cheat, cheat death," a chuckle at this, "And finally, if you must drink, drink to the moments that take your breath away."

"Vahire!" Everyone lifts their glasses, Eliora joining in. Eliora takes a long sip, the alcohol sending fireworks off in her mouth. All the vampires in the crowd cheer, saying something sounding like, "Zavoyevat' lyudey!" At this, Joshua glances at Eliora. Was that nervousness in his eyes?

"Now. Let the coronation begin," Joshua's eyes switch over to Eliora as a maid takes away her empty glass. The caretaker leads her in, awes and oos coming from each individual. As she walks slowly, she does her best not to look at how many people are in the crowd. Her breaths become shaky, but when she looks up, Joshua's face remains calm and ready, his confidence leaking to Eliora. She nods, smiling up at Joshua, preparing herself.

'Grab wrist, then they kiss, and then he changes her. Three steps... I got this,' Eliora thinks. Beautiful music plays in the background as Eliora grabs onto his wrist, pretending to be in love. He then pulls her in for a kiss. Eliora suddenly melts into the kiss, surprised at the sudden spark. Eliora inwardly gasps, 'Ive never felt something like this before... The way he's kissing me... It seems as if he actually loves me...' Eliora pulls away from the kiss, inwardly slapping herself, 'Pull yourself together! You know what he's doing! He is a-lying to you! Don't be an idiot!'

Joshua glides his hand up Eliora's back, suddenly pulling her to his knee, 'this is it.' A deep breath calms her nerves as Joshua leans down and kisses her neck. She closes her eyes in fear.

A pain shoots through her neck and body, as she holds onto Joshua fiercely. She cries out from the pain... The pain consumes her, her consciousness fading. Maybe he's killing her... Maybe he found out about her plot... Maybe she's lost already...

She hesitantly opens her eyes as Joshua puts her on a sofa nearby, 'No... I don't think he's killing me. Why would he carefully put me onto a sofa? Maybe he's putting me on my deathbed.' All the thoughts fly out of her mind, as her body arches involuntarily at the searing going through. She cries out, catching a glance of all the vampires staring at her.

Her hand rises to her neck shakily and pulls away with black blood. A gasp escapes the crowd. Uncertain, Eliora glances at Joshua between cries of pain who smiles uncontrollably. 'Why... Why is he smiling? Why do I have black blood? Why did the crowd gasp?'

She turns her face to the side, her vision beginning to go black. The last thing she catches a sight of before she passes out is her black hair.