Chapter Fourteen: A Raid

Josh smiles like a cat who's gotten his way, "Your coronation will be tomorrow at night. I will see you in the morning, Princess Eliora."

Eliora smiles, pretending to be joyful as Josh leaves the room. She could control her powers and turn against him. But what if the thirst controls her? She could get into all lengths of trouble. What if vampires can read each others minds? What if they find out she's going to revolt? What if- what if she finds their side to be more intriguing?

"Oh, you need your sleep. I must tell a lot of people that you are willing to be my queen," Josh peeks around the door, "I'm sorry this is kind of awkward. I really just need someone behind me."

"I'll be like your consultant," Eliora pretends to giggle. Josh walks away with a thoughtful glance.

Eliora takes a painful walk back to her room. She sighs as she rests her head on the pillow, looking out to the darkness in the distant window. The lights of a city beam outside. Wait... Lights? Eliora sits up at this; how could such a big mass of land be enlightened. Energy is hard to find nowadays. She guesses the city is probably a vampire city. Letting herself fall asleep, once again, Eliora begins to remember.

The second Eliora had woke up, Kate was staring at her with uncertainty, "Ellie? You okay?"

"Ugh... What happened?" Eliora asked, feeling numb all over.

Henry and Kate exchanged a knowing glance, "I amputated your leg."

"What?!" Eliora burst upright in a bed, a pain spreading through her right hip, but not down to the thigh. Her eyes followed the leg up and down despite the fact she couldn't feel it, "Where-how did you-"

"Don't ask how I got leg. I am doctor back in Russia. Had to get back to hospital I trained students at to amputate leg. Ellie, lost lot of blood. Didn't know if you would survive," Kate said slowly, almost concerned.

Ellie looked at the leg, stitches tracing the beginning of her thigh, "Thank you..." Kate smiled.

"We must find other safe place. Planes have all been overrun by beasts. Must hurry," Kate handed crutches to Eliora. Eliora stood up, balancing on her leg and the prosthetic. Her leg had more muscle than the fake one, but she knew the leg was someone else's.

She tried to go fast as Kate lead her and Henry away from the hospital. Havoc burst all throughout the town as they ran for their lives back to the Mercedes. Eliora trailed behind as Henry and Kate got into the car.

"Hurry, Ellie!" Kate exclaimed as Eliora tried to go faster. The prosthetic leg practically dangled underneath her. Suddenly, a yellow eyes beast appeared next to Kate's window. Kate shrieked as the thing busted the window and grabbed her hair.

"Kite!" Henry exclaimed. Kate took a quick look at Eliora, then grimaces at the force of the beast. Suddenly, Kate floored it, the car's wheels spinning quickly. The beast fell behind, a sick cracking sound coming from its head.

A numb feeling spread through Eliora's head as she saw Kate drive away, only glancing back.

"Ebbie!" Henry screamed from the backseat, his voice fading away.

"I-I'm all alone. She left me..." Ellie whispered.

Eliora's eyes open slowly, the room still dark and fuzzy. Suddenly, a noise from outside peaks her curiosity. She walks up to behind the door, putting her ear to it.

Eliora gasps as the door slides from under her head and suddenly, the point of a gun rests on her nose. She contains a shriek as the figure's outline begins to clear up, "... Kate?"