Chapter Ten: Meeting the Prince

Eliora's eyes feel like someone rubbed salt and grit into them. She stares at the white sheets with an aching in her heart. Ever since the vampires beginning, Eliora's been having these haunting flashbacks of the beginning; always starting with Carter's death and then Kate's arrival. Eliora hates the next dream that always comes... She always tries her best to avoid that one.

Eliora sits up in her bed, an ache in her chest and head, one pain physical, one mental. She's always thought pain would come physically more than mentally, but when human life no longer has value, giving up seems a whole lot easier. Something like that puts more pressure on the mind other than the body. It's something that has haunted Eliora for ten years.

"Hello again," Blayne walks in, Beatrice at his side.

Eliora wipes away tears she didn't even know were there, "Hello..."

"I don't think I ever got your name. Would you mind sharing that information with me?" Blayne smiles, Beatrice hanging behind him with a clipboard. This time, she wears a labcoat and a business outfit, her pencil skirt outlining her figure.

"Eliora," she whispers.

Blayne's expression turns from business to friendly, "Well, Ellie-"

"DON'T call me that, ever. Call me Eliora," she snarls.

"My deepest apologies," Blayne nods his head, Beatrice glares at Eliora. "Bee, make sure you write down her name correctly. Eliora. Dear, what's your last name, may I ask?"

"I've forgotten," Eliora replies honestly, clenching her fists in anger at the fact.

Blayne purses his lips, "Well, alright, then. No problem. The prince will be arriving soon."

"I had forgotten about that... Thanks for the reminder," Eliora's eyes roll.

Beatrice walks over to her, helping her to her feet, "I'll help you get dressed for his arrival. You wont be fancy, but a tissue dress is not what you want to be in, meeting the Prince and all. It's an honor indeed."

"Whatever," Eliora huffs, going over to a closet in the wall as Blayne leaves the room. Beatrice pulls out jeans and a pretty lavender shirt with designs flowing through it, a simple necklace with only chain and a locket was chosen as well. Beatrice takes out a thong and a bra which Eliora thought was a little too sexy for her, but at least it's undergarments. Exiting, Beatrice shuts the door behind her, allowing Eliora to dress in private.

Pulling on the undergarments and outfit, Eliora looks into the mirror, wrapping her hair into a braid with a ponytail holder she got from Beatrice. Her appearance in the mirror made her feel human for a little bit. She nervously takes a deep breath. Why is she even nervous? She's meeting the man behind the attacks from vampires, she should be furious. Then again, if she can reason with him... she may be able to stop the killings... Her eyes widen. She could save humanity. Butterflies crawl in her stomach, making her heart pound faster. She could either die or save humanity.

Her breath speeds up as the thoughts jumble in her head, "That's a lot of pressure..." the words slip out her mouth.

"What is?" a familiar voice asks.

Looking up in shock, the black hair and blue eyes sets her off, "Josh! You little piece of shit! You have the audacity to visit me?!"

"Well, yeah, Ellie. I wanted to make sure you were okay. That one vampire was stealing your oxygen. You look horrible," Josh smirks.

Eliora's eyes narrow, "You left me. You actually LEFT me when I was injured."

"I told you I knew a safe place and I got us here," Josh explains. He walks over to her bed, sitting next to her in a leather jacket and skinny jeans.

Eliora looks off into a corner, not making eye contact, "I thought you abandoned me to save your ass."

Josh sighs, running a hand through his hair, "Well... a Gambler grabbed me while you were talking. I was in trouble, but I also knew that when a Peacekeeper saw me in trouble, they would take us back to their safe haven. When that happened, I forgot to tell you the plan, so you ran off and got yourself in trouble. You're lucky we found you."

"Thank you. I guess we're even, now," Eliora smiles, his warmth as welcoming as always.

Josh does a curt chuckle, "Yeah, I guess we are. How are you feeling?"

"I've got an awful headache and a pain in my calf, but I'll live," a weak smile plasters on her lips. Relaxed, Eliora swings her legs on the bed, leaning against the bed post.

Josh laughs, "Good. I hope you've learned that I'm not a horrible person."

"I've still got my eye on you, Joshiepoo," Eliora winks playfully.

His smirk fades, his face becoming thoughtful, "I have to tell you something-"

Blayne walks into the room and suddenly he drops his clipboard, "Prince Joshua!"

Eliora repeats, "Prince?"