Chapter 19

Calum’s POV

Okay Michael’s with Joy, Ashton’s with Lily, and Luke is sad because his girl is taken. Now it was my turn I was going to ask Aliyah out… finally. I took a deep breath unlocking my phone and dialing her number. “Hey Calum what’s up?” Michael said right before I pushed talk. I let out a groan. “Nice to see you to,” he said playing hurt.

“I was about to call Ali and ask her out but no thanks to you was interrupted,” I said sending him a little glare. Michael looked at me a little shocked.

“Really man that’s great!” he sounded happy for me and that helped set me at ease. “Oh shit I should leave you alone then shouldn’t I?” he said seeming to realize.

“Yea that’d be good,” I nodded adding a hint of teasing to my tone. He nodded and went to the kitchen. My phone had timed out so I had to re-unlock it, but once it was my nerves were back. I took a deep breath and… “You okay Cal you look a little stressed,” Luke said coming into the the living room.

“Yes I’m stressed I keep trying to call Ali to ask her out and getting interrupted its hard enough to get the courage to call in the first place,” I snapped. He stopped in his tracks looking a little shocked.

“Right I’ll go to the kitchen then,” he said before walking or more like running to the kitchen. I groaned and picked up my phone. I became horrified fast. I had pressed talk and she had answered oh god she’s still there. I put the phone to my ear.

“Calum? hello? You there? I don’t think I was supposed to hear that, Calum?” her sweet little voice came through the phone.

“Um hey Aliyah yea you weren’t supposed to hear that at least not like that,” I said a little awkwardly. I can’t believe this happened.

“I kind of gathered that,” she said letting out a little giggle. “I-if it helps the answers yes,” she added making a smile spread across my face.

“Really?” I said a little shocked. Than I realized how dumb that sounds. “I mean great… good… perfect,” me stuttering wasn’t helping.

“Calum calm down, it was cute and it skipped beating around the bush,” she said with a little giggle. I couldn’t help smiling.

“Right okay so um what day are you free this week maybe we could go to the movies or out for pizza or anything?” I was too happy to care I still sounded dumb.

“Um I’m free after school any day really just let me know what the plan is and it will be great,” wow I can’t believe this is working… well.

Luke’s POV

“Well hes a little moody,” I said coming into the kitchen where Michael is.

“Shhh I want to hear this,” Mike said listening from around the corner. What the fuck?

“Why?” I said looking as him funny. That is till I heard Calum say something that meant Ali had heard what he said to me. “Never mind this is great,” I said following his lead and listening to Calums side of the conversation. Mike and I shared a look before snickering at Calums struggle to speak properly. Both of us were too busy laughing to notice him come into the kitchen.

“Oh yea haha very funny laugh it up ass holes,” he said getting a pout. I stopped laughing feeling a little bad knowing it was hard to ask a girl out, at least he had the courage before it was too late.

“Sorry man but you were cute stuttering over yourself,” I said hoping he would know I’m not actually laughing at him.

“I’m not supposed to be cute I’m supposed to be hot and manly not cute,” he truly seemed stressed by this.

“Dude its not like she hasn’t met you before she already knows you’re not hot and manly go with cute its the nicest you’re going to get,” Michael laughed.

“Oh and this is coming from the one who’s on his first date everything that could go wrong did go wrong?” I burst out laughing as the two started their old married couple bicker that soon turned into them having a playful wrestling match. God if I had only coughed up the courage to ask Lily out before Ashton had maybe I wouldn’t be so mopy. I hate that I didn’t get her but maybe if I couldn’t even be brave enough to ask her out than I didn’t deserve her. I hope to never have admit this to Ashton but maybe he was better for her. Maybe if she was with me I would be to scared to be with her as a boyfriend should and she would be unhappy. I guess if Ashton makes her happy I should be happy. I mean all I want is for her to be happy whether its me making her happy or Ashton. As long as shes happy.