Chapter 8

Calum’s POVAfter eating the wonderful breakfast Lily made us, we all decided to go play laser tag for the afternoon. Michael was pouting because Joy couldn’t make it due to some family thing, but I couldn’t get the smile off my face. Ali will be meeting us at lazer tag. I hope I end up on her team then I’ll have a reason to stay close to her without her thinking I’m a creep. “What are you so smiley about?” Michael poutedly asked. Like I said he was upset that Joy wasn’t coming. I however was not going to let him wreck my mood.

 “I’m just happy you should try it,” I said raising an eyebrow at him hinting he was being a stick in the mud. Michael sighed rolling his eyes dramatically.

 “I’m sorry,” he mumbled. “I just wish Joy could come too,” he said quieter so Lily wouldn’t hear. I think all three of us boy had figured out Michael had a soft spot for Joy. I nodded understanding patting him on the back to show it. When we got to laser tag even Michael couldn’t keep the smile off his face. We’ve all gone paintballing but never laser tag so when Lily had suggested it we all jumped at the idea.

When we went in I saw Aliyah standing and waiting for the rest of us. I walked or almost skipped over to her, putting a smile on her board face. “Ali!” I said happily opening my arms for a hug. Aliyah giggled but wrapped her arms around her shoulders well she wrapped hers around my waist. Is it creepy for me to think she smells good? Nah as long as I don’t say it. When we broke the hug I was a little disappointed, but I was just happy she had hugged me back in the first place. We all signed in before they let us go get our guns and sensor vests.

“Guys we should have teams,” Ashton said before we were sent in. We all shared a look and nodded. “How about Lily, Luke and I verses you three?” Ashton offered discreetly pulling Lily closer by her belt loop. I looked at Luke and Michael to see if they noticed, but I think I’m the only one. Well that’s interesting Lily didn’t even seem shocked. I now felt bad for Luke, only the other day he had told me he liked Lily. When we were aloud in Aliyah Michael and I headed to the closest tower well the other three went another way. We all stayed low once our guns turned on, Michael stayed to guard the one entrance well Aliyah and I went to the other standing guard. I have to admit my head wasn’t really in the game, I was more wondering if Aliyah liked me too or if it was just me with the feelings. Maybe Lily and Joy knew, but I can’t exactly ask them. I snapped out of it when Ali squealed as her and I were attached by Ashton and Lily though I don’t see Luke anywhere. I have to say I was a little jealous at how well her and Ashton worked together though I think Ashton is just better at this than I am. I was now debating whether or not to confront Ashton and see if he has any advice seeing as he already managed to be with Lily or whatever it is they are. I was brought back from my thought’s again when Ali started shooting me.

“Hey we’re supposed to be on a team,” I said with a pout as she giggled waiting for the ten second it took my gun to re-boot. The second it did she shot me again. “Hey,” I pouted grabbing her gun pulling her closer to me.

“That was for dazing out and letting us get slaughtered,” she said looking up at me. It was now that I realized how close her and I were. My eyes met her her sparkling brown eyes. I tentatively leaned forwards running through my head what could go wrong if I kissed her but the thought of kissing her alone is hard to over power. (image of Aliyah on side)

“What happened up here I called for help but neither of you came,” Michael came over complaining. when he did Ali and I both pulled away a bit. Was it just me or did Aliyah look like she just got caught doing something. Does that mean she wanted to kiss me to? Why did Michael have to now? I would have to get made at the cockblock later.

Luke’s POV

Well Lily Ashton and I were in out tower I couldn’t help see how close they always stood. She used to always stand close to my her hand always brushing mine now thats how she was with Ashton. I thought her and I had a connection or something Calum had told me that after the first day of school. Now its like none of that ever happened. Had I done something wrong made her mad at me. She had blushed when I had jokingly asked her to marry me when she made us breakfast. When we had decided to go attack Ali, Calum and Michael’s tower when things were moving slow with us just shooting across the big room. I had gone around one side alone well they went together and for the first time I was glad to be away from Lily though it was more so to be away from Lily and Ashton. turn out Michael was guarding one door alone. I shot him before he noticed me. “Shit Luke where’d you come from?” He yelped putting his gun up though it was still temporarily disabled.

“I was around and thought it would be fun,” I said jokingly. Michael playfully glared at me shooting me once he's gone was working again disabling mine. “Damn it Michael,” I frowned

“You not really into the game either?” Michael asked as my gun re-booted. I shrugged not really wanting to say it out loud, but knowing it’s true. “Yea so what’s on your mind thats stopping you?” he asked pointing his gun down.

“Um well I’m just distracted,” I said shrugging I didn’t really want to tell him seeing as its a little embarrassing.

“Come on what’s bugging you man?” he pushed for an answer though it’s nice to know he cares though. “Here I’ll tell you what bugging me then you tell me we will be girly and have a sharing moment,” he joked making me laugh a bit, but I nodded. “Well I’m distracted because I wanted Joy to come today and I kind of maybe want to ask her out. Well I knew he liked Joy that wasn’t hard to guess but I didn’t know he liked her that much. “Okay now your turn,” he said nodding to me.

“Its Lily,” I finally gave in with a sigh. “I thought she liked me but now and Ashton seem oddly close and I feel like I lost her even though she was never mine to lose,” I explained leaning against the wall. Michael leaned against the wall across from me looking deep in thought.

“You like her right?” I nodded feeling I had just answered that. “Well Ashton hasn’t said anything to any of us about them being together or wanting to date her so as far as I see it you still have a shot and I guess if Ashton does like her it will be up to her and who she like’s,” Michael said with a shrug. I guess he had a point maybe she was just warming up to Ashton more now that she’s getting to know him seeing as she doesn’t have any classes with him now’s really the first time they could other than lunch.

“Yea okay that makes sense, but um how do I get her to like me?” I asked a little nervous. I was comfortable with fan’s sure but when it came to liking one girl I became a mess where as Ashton seemed quite smooth.

“Just be yourself that way if she does fall for you you know she’s falling for the real you,” he said seeming very sure of this and again he had a point.

“When did you become so girl smart?” I asked shooting him starting up our little back and forth of shooting and getting shot tell we called a truce and I ran away to go find my team.