43

"Where are we going?" Dick asked as I drug him towards the docks.

"You said we needed to talk about...stuff and some other people I know want to talk about the samething." I looked back at him as our feet hit against the wooden boards.

"So are we meeting them here or something?"

"Not exactly...they don't even know I'm bringing you. And they may or may not try to kill me. I popped in yesterday to say hi and then I left."

Triton is probably mad about that.

I jumped off of the pier, water enveloping my body.

Dick searched his pockets eyes scrunched close.

"As long as you're touching me, you can breathe." I said.

His eyes opened and he stared at me. He took a hesitant breath then another when he didn't drown.

"How are you doing this?"

"I injected you with nanobots that make it possible for you to breathe water as long as you have physical contact with the electrical current generated by corresponding bits in ny system." I said with a straight face.

"What?!"

I laughed. "I'm just jesting with you. I have powers. How else would I do some of my disappearing tricks?"

"But...where did you get them? Experiment?"

I shook my head. "I guess you didn't get all of those memories back. My mom was Bruce's sister. My dad...well, you'll see."

I started swimming, pulling him along after me.

"This is pretty." Dick commented.

"Isn't it? You remember that time we went to the aquarium together? Gods you were such a child."

"Time changes everything Percy."

I chuckled but didn't offer any explanation. Unfortunately. He came up with his own reasons.

"Yeah I know, you're still a villain. And you and Kaldur are together. And you're still my older sister. I'm just saying, I grew up."

"No you didn't." I stopped and looked at him. "My little Robin is still in you. The same fun loving little bird who broke into a bakery to get me food. It's just buried under the weight of being leader and losing teammates...I didn't exactly help. And I'm sorry."

"How do you-"

"Know? I...I..."

I stared at my reflection, my sea green eyes filled with tears. There wasn't a scratch on my body and they died.

So many of them died.

The tears started falling down my face.

What good is this stupid curse if I can't protect people with it? Annabeth got stabbed because of me.

They called me the Hero of Olympus. The only thing is...

I am not a hero.

The memory shifted.

I slid the money into an envelope before wrapping it in duct tape.

If I couldn't protect Annie from that...

If I couldn't keep her from dying again...

Why am I still here? I did this to protect people. I did this to keep people from going through what I did. If I couldn't protect my best friend, someone who has training...

How am I supposed to protect people who can't fight back?

I sat the package on my bed.

The answer is, I can't. And everyone around me gets hurt...Mom and Dad...how many times have they gotten hurt because of me. How many times have they gotten hurt because they decided to take in an orphan?

They don't deserve this. They didn't even know what they were getting into until my dad revealed himself to them.

Why they didn't get rid of me, I have no idea. It would have been easier.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed a number.

"Who is this? How did you get this number?" Al Ghul's voice came through the phone.

"I'm Percy Jackson. I need someone to...disappear."

"Who?"

"Jester."

There was hesitation on his end. "You understand it will not be cheap."

"I know. I have ten thousand dollars in cash. I'll give you the rest after she disappears."

"Don't trust me?"

"I make it a habit not to trust assassins. I trust Chesire will be put on this hit?"

"Of course, Jester will never expect it. Place your down payment in the Gotham Cemetery under the black flowers in the pot sitting by Chill's grave. You can't miss it."

I hung up and slipped the money into my hoodie pocket.

Taking out a hit on myself shows something. I'm riding the world of me.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I snuck out.

Since I'm doing this...

I'm not a villain.

I was shaken out of the memory by Dick, who was staring at me in concern.

"You okay Percy?

I nodded, glad we're underwater. He can't see me crying.

He sighed and pulled me to his chest. "I know you better than that."

"I...I tried to make life easier for you guys. I always get people hurt and..." I sobbed and buried my face in his chest, tired of holding it in.

He ran a hand through my hair. "I've got you...I can handle myself. And besides, without you the Joker is a bit...well a lot psychotic."

I pulled away and wiped my eyes. "Come on. I'd rather not get killed for making them wait. Kaldur would get mad or something."

"Kaldur? Mad? I've only seen him genuinely angry a few times. It would be more like disappointment."

I rolled my eyes before closing them.

We appeared in the palace, Dad and Amphitrite arguing.

"I'm just saying your brother would have told you! What are you going to do when it turns out to be some trick? What if it's Hermes?!"

"The others know what I would do to them. And it was her aura. Ask Triton."

"Uh...am I interupting?" I grinned. "Cause I thought we might be able to talk."

This is crap

I don't have an excuse for the random memories except that I wanted to

Now...anything you want to see?

And once I finish a book, I might go through and polish this up a bit or rewrite or something. Cause I think it sucks.

But that won't happen for a while...

Oh

I'm 17 today!

Woo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem...

See yah