34

"How's Stalker doing Percy?"

I took a sip of my tea before looking at Paula. "Still unconscious. Hey Arty?"

"What?"

"Can you see if any of the heroes might have an idea of what Klarion was trying to do? Dad has no idea. Neither does Mom."

"Yeah, I'll see what I can dig up." She nodded, her long hair down for once. But then she put it back up.

I pulled my knees up to my chest, continuing to sip the hot drink.

You know, I don't really like tea but this isn't that bad.

"Off of that stuff, where were you Percy? We were all worried about you." Paula moved so she was sitting next to me.

I bit my lip and didn't respond to the question.

How can I word this without mentioning that I'm a demigod...

"Got kidnapped and forced to travel and do random crap that almost got me killed." I shrugged.

" Do you want me to wash this or do you want Arty to?" I quickly looked at my 'aunt' trying to change the subject.

"I will do it. Take some cookies for your mother."

I grinned and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "You're the best Paula."

I grabbed a paper plate and piled it with nice warm gooey cookies. And then I carefully put it in a plastic bag.

And then I shoved it in the pocket of my hoodie. Ah, the simple life of a cookie.

"I'll come by again later, but get ahold of me if you find out anything okay?"

"Same with you Percy."

I nodded and walked out into the hallway before sighing.

This isn't...this isn't right.

Stalker...

My footsteps were silent as I walked home.

But that didn't stop anyone from following me.

"What do you want Robin?" I stopped, not looking back at my birdie.

"How'd you know it was me?" Huh, guess Dad really did what I asked him to.

"I'm used to listening for people. Now listen. I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to get home."

"Where's Stalker?" He questioned when I started to walk away.

"Safe. Now go run back to your nest." I slipped a smoke bomb out of my pocket before throwing it down.

I need to get home. I need to get home before you know who wakes up.

If...if what ever happened earlier happens again...if Stalker freaks out and attacks...

I'm not sure how much damage Mom and Dad would do. Like would they try to incapacitate or kill?

I wish that was a joke.

"Asleep or...?" Those were the first words out of my mouth as I walked into the kitchen.

"Still asleep." Mom didn't look up from the papers on the table. "Mr J is in there right now."

"Thanks Mom."

I'm not going to lie. I pretty much ran into my bedroom, hoping I wouldn't see any mayhem.

There are quite a few reasons I don't like them in my room and the disasters are part of them.

Luckily, Dad was kinda asleep on a chair.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Good. I don't think he exploded anything.

Though...he might have just swept it under the bed.

Again.

There was a groan from my bed and I turned to look as gloved hands felt their owners face, visibly tensing with the realization that the mouth covering mask thing was gone.

"Relax, we're all friends here." I grinned and sat down on my bed.

"Jest? Where...where am I?" That familiar voice...it makes me happy to hear it but...this can't be good. It just can't.

"My room. So...Gotham." I pulled out the cookies and took a bite out of one.

We sat in awkward silence for a few minutes as I chewed.

Maybe I should offer one? But then I'm down a cookie and Mom will eat most of them...but then again it's rude not to offer food when you're eating...

My internal debate was drawn short by a sudden outburst.

"What did you do?!"

I winced at the intensity, but in my defense I quickly responded.

"It wasn't me. It was Klarion. He did something and boom you were there."

"Did I hurt anyone?"

I shook my head. "Nah, and even if you did they'd get over it pretty fast."

Hades, even at full force it would take a lot to hurt me. Guess it's a perk of doing this for almost as long as I can remember.

Plus being a demigod doesn't hurt, especially considering how much it helps with pain tolerance and stuff.

"Here." I offered my hand and hoisted my fellow villain off my bed.

And...I do know who this is.

We've worked together enough for us to know each other's identities.

I'm just not sure I should be saying who it. It might cause more trouble for me later if I do.

Actually the real question is if I care if it makes more trouble for me. The answer to that is no, but the answer to if I care if it causes problems for Diana or Rob or Kalduror any of them...

The answer is yes. I do care.

"What's with that face Quinn?"

"Just thinking." I waved a hand, forcing a smile.

"The world is ending! Hoard your supplies, invest in gold."

I swallowed and looked at Stalker...screw it.

"I've missed you." I pulled her into a hug.

"Okay...physical contact, something is really wrong with you."

Laughing I pulled away tears falling down my face. "I've missed you Annabeth."

*cackling in the background*

So

It might be crap but how'd you like it?

Also

I put up all of Concealing shadows so....

Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeee

And

Uh

See yah