29

"So... How'd your date go?" Dick asked when I got back to the Manor.

"What date?" I tilted my head. "I just met up with a kid a friend of mine knows as a favor a while ago and he's actually kinda nice so we were just hanging out."

He looked kinda surprised. "Oh. Who's the friend?"

"You know the Joker's daughter? Her. We used to hang out a lot. Not as much anymore, but then again nobody saw her for like what eight months?"

"Yeah, you might want to go act like you've been on the grounds for the entire time. Bruce is kinda mad."

"When isn't he?" I mumbled.

"Oh and I think we're going somewhere. So I'd be prepared for that.

I sighed. Can't I ever get a single day? One single day to myself.

"Oh don't be so melodramatic. It's not that bad. Besides we're going to go watch some opera... actually never mind it is that bad."

"What am I even supposed to wear to an opera?"

"Bruce has an outfit laid out in your room." Dick ran a hand through his hair. "Speaking of which, I'm going to go get changed. You're on your own if Bruce finds you."

Well. Guess I'm going to get changed then.

As I walked up to my room, one question kept going through my head. Why an opera?

Like the only opera I remember being enjoyable was the one from Looney Tunes with Bugs and Elmer.

Even then...

I shook my head and entered my room.

Where a black dress was laying on my bed.

And black heels...

I am going to die. It's freaking official.

It's not going to be a villain, a hero, or a monster that kills me. No, it's going to be my inability to walk in heels.

Or you know, a monster might chase me and I can't run in heels.

Either way, it'll be the heels that do me in.

Sighing I quickly changed into it, putting on the jewelry I noticed on my dresser.

I'm already getting yelled at, I don't want to get yelled at more for not wearing this stuff.

Looking at myself in the mirror I sighed. Never thought I'd be doing this. Never thought I'd be living with a billionaire.

Never thought I'd be going to an opera.

Hades, I never thought I'd ever fall in love and-

Triton's going to hold this over me forever but...

I like Kaldur. Like, I like him to the point where I want to get comfortable with him.

As I thought about the Atlantean, my face heated up. Our date today wasn't the worst ever...

Triton literally stalking me didn't help. But bright side, we got ice cream.

"Are you ready?" Bruce's voice drifted through the door.

"Yeah." I opened the door to reveal my uncle and cousin.

"Good, come on or we'll be late."

Later

Bruce sighed putting his phone back into his pocket. "Traffic is backed up. We're going to have to walk until Alfred can meet up with us."

I nodded shivering slightly. I'm not cold...I just have a bad feeling about this.