38

Yawning, I appeared in the cave.

Bruce didn't want me going on patrol with him for some reason, and my sleep schedule is all out of whack. So here I am.

I stopped in my tracks before rubbing my eyes. Nope. Not seeing things.

"Jester?" I said, hand reaching for my utility belt.

She didn't show any sign of hearing me, so I walked over to where she was sitting. Jester had her knees pulled to her chest and her back pressed to the wall.

"You okay?" I rested a hand on her shoulder.

"I...I let her die," she mumbled. "She shouldn't have died."

My mouth snapped shut, my reply dying on my tongue.

Eventually I came up with something a little more sensitive. "Jester, sometimes people die. You're a villain. you know that."

"It doesn't mean I have to like it, Robin!" Tears fell from behind her mask. "I...I hate it! Why do you think I'm a villain?! I wanted to protect people!"

"That makes no sense."

"Maybe not to you. But for me...I made this choice when I was six and I've never regretted it." She wiped her tears away, which was useless because more replaced them.

I felt an urge to hug her for some reason. Which is weird because she's tried to kill me so many times.

"I never regretted anything up until I joined this team. Then I started getting too close to you and Kaldur and I didn't want you two to get hurt because of me."

"Wait...you joined the Team? No...no you didn't. You've never been here before except when we captured you the one time."

Jester forced a laugh. "How else was I able to get here? How else does I know some of the override sequences? I joined the Team, got too close to you guys so I made you forget that we were ever friends. We were friends since you first started."

I stared at her. She's obviously more insane than I thought she was.

"You always get chicken nuggets from McDonald's. You like screwing with the nonsense that is the English language. You find my presence sufferable."

"Literally every villain in Gotham knows about that stuff."

"You were born in the circus, you're an orphan." She stared right at me as those words left her mouth.

I shot up in my bed, breathing heavy.

"Just a dream." I mumbled. "There's no way she knows that. There's no possible way that she knows that."

"Oh, I don't know about that."

My head snapped around to stare at the lady sitting on my dresser. "Who are you?!"

She smiled, the pink glow around her intensifying a bit.

"Just someone who is undoing the stupid thing that was done. Honestly why does she think making you all forget about her will do anything?" She tucked a piece of red hair behind her ear.

Then she continued. "You two are best friends, Jester as she likes to be called, wanted to keep you and that Kaldur boy safe. She needs to stop interfering with my attempts. If she would just sit back and let things happen... her fear of being touched does nothing to help though."

What the heck is going on right now? Somehow, in my brief moment of not paying attention, she had begun ranting.

"I mean come on, she used to have one of those weird sorta crushes on Stalker but that wasn't happening because they both ended up crushing on the same guy, who's dead now. Obviously, Jester has a thing for blonds and I mean Kaldur is just so handsome and he reminds me of Stalker in ways. He could easily temper Jester's impulsive behavior and they both like water, not to mention I love seeing it when her father gets protective-"

"Why are you telling me this?" I raised an eyebrow, trying to figure out who this lady actually is.

"Because you're the only one awake and in here of course. Why else? I mean I could tell you exactly who you like and why but that's really none of your buisness."

Okay...this lady is officially psycho, with a capital P.

"Why do I not remember her joining the Team? And how do you know about that? And how were you affecting my dreams anyway?!" At the end I felt like I was yelling, though my voice never made it above a loud whisper.

"Little something called powers my dear. Not something you would know about. Plus I'm a goddess. I'm sure you are aware of Diana's parentage. I'm Aphrodite, the goddess of love. And since I'm one of the few gods with an interest in Jester's life, I have to take on some other roles. Like undoing stupid idiotic things my 'uncle' does to 'help'."

I shook my head, trying to get rid of my building headache. "So you're  goddess and you're trying to reverse something another god did? Why?"

She rolled her eyes. "Because it interferes with my domain. If Wallace messed up your computer, I'm sure you would fix it. That's what I'm simply trying to do."

She glanced at her wrist. "My my, is it getting this late already? I was supposed to meet Ares an hour ago. Toodles." She disappeared in a burst of scent, rose petals littering my dresser and floor.

I groaned and fell backwards.

She wasn't even wearing a watch.

Okay

This is crap

But I'm freezing cause we haven't had power since last night and schools cancelled because of the power

I'M COLD AND I'M TIRED AND ANNOYED CAUSE LAST NIGHT MY MOMS FIANCE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO SHINE A SUPERBRIGHT FLASHLIGHT IN MY EYES

then he was yelling at four in the morning asking my mom where a light was

*groan*

Anyway

Ideas anyone? Please?

Help this poor stressed girl out

See yah