Chapter 20

***

“MUM!” I yelled as I saw the taxi pull in. she got out of the taxi and asked “What are you doing out here?”

Are you kidding?! I gave her a flat look then said “You took my keys!”

“Oh, did you sleep outside?”

“Yea, in the backyard”

“Oh Honey I’m so sorry” she said giving me a hug.

“Its fine” she didn’t know about the hospital. To her everything is just peachy.

“Now can you please open the door, I want to have a shower, it’s been like two days and I miss my bed” I whined.

“Haha okay come on”

She walked to the door and unlocked the door. I ran straight upstairs and jumped onto my bed. I laid there flat embracing the feeling of softness. I forced myself to get up and take a shower because I smelt really bad. Like think of something that smells really bad then times it by like 100.

Once I was done I changed into a pair of shorts and put on my favourite hoodie. As I walked out of the bathroom I looked over to Hunter’s room. He was sitting on his bed with a piece of paper in his hand. It was the note. He looked over at me then walked to his desk and got a piece of paper then started writing. He walked up to his window then revealed what he wrote on the piece of paper. It said

This is me

That doesn’t really answer my question though. I got another piece of paper and wrote on it and showed it to him. It said

And who are you?

Not the guy you hate

He wrote back. All I could reply was

Good :)

He smiled and opened his window. I did the same. Before I could say anything he said “I know I’ve said this so many times, but I’m sorry Sky. I really am” he looked down and his hands, but before anything got any more dramatic I said “Oh, cheer up pretty boy, I forgive you” he looked up and smiled. A real smile. Not a smirk, even though it was really hot when he did that.  “So what happened to Tristan?” he asked.

“I told him to leave, but I feel really bad now”

“Tristan is a good guy” Hunter looked really upset when he said that.

“What happened between you two?” I asked.

“I was an ass and he was my best friend. He was the Bad boy, but he had a heart, but I had to go along and stuff up his reputation and I took over”

“Oh” I said quietly. “Well why did you get so mad at him yesterday?”

“I was jealous. He is a good guy and I’m not. He could’ve gotten you so easily without even trying”

“Did pretty boy just say he was jealous!?”

“Oh come on princess give me a break”

“Okay, okay I’m sorry” I said while laughing.

“W-“he was about to reply when a voice cut him off.

“Hey hunter-“he looked up and it was Connor. “Oh hey Sky, looks like you guys have made up?” he said while smirking.

“What are you doing here?” asked Hunter

“Oh sorry man, was gonna ask if you were coming to the bonfire”