chapter 19

*Skylar’s POV*

I woke up with the biggest headache. I looked over to see Tristan sleeping on the couch next to mine. Did he really spend the night here with me, especially after hunter was being such a douche? I mean he had no right to say anything he did. I don’t understand how his brain work. How it functions. Does he ever not care about what other people think of him? Does he ever not care about his stupid BAD REPUTATION!? Ugh these two words get me so frustrated! I calmed myself down and walked over to Tristan. “Tristan” I whispered “Wake up”

He groaned then replied in his really deep morning voice. “Ugh Sky these couches are really uncomfortable” I let out a giggle then replied

“Yea, I know I have a massive headache”

“Was that from the couch or from Hunter?” he said with his eyes still closed.

“A bit of both. Sorry about that though” I replied

“You shouldn’t apologize he should”

“Yea I don’t think that’s gonna happen”

He was about to reply when someone called out, cutting him off.

“Tristan O’Conner? Is that you?” we both looked up and saw Bethany.

Ugh will she just get her own life and stop ruining mine!?

“What do you want Bethany? You hanging out with your little boy toy?” Tristan asked. Okay I have to admit I did laugh. I couldn’t help it okay!?

“Good to see you too. What are you do at her house?” she asked in a b****y voice. Well it suits her.

“Well I wouldn’t have to if you didn’t get in everyone’s way” he said sounding mad.

“What do you mean?” I swear she is mentally retarded. And that whole nice act before I passed out was a joke. She tried to make me like her so she could get back on hunters good side.

“She was meant to stay at Hunter’s house” damn it he shouldn’t have said that.

“Oh really?” she asked

“Yea really!”

“Well obviously Hunter wasn’t in on that plan because he asked me to stay over last night” when those words left her mouth my heart dropped. He lied!? He said she was only over for help on her assignment. I swear I’m gonna kill that son of a b***h.

“Just go away Bethany” Tristan yelled.

“Whoa calm down Tristan, just wanted to see how my E.X-B.O.Y.F.R.I.E.N.D was doing” she gave out an evil grin and walked back into Hunters room. I sat on the couch with my head faced down at the ground. Her ex? W-why does this keep happening to me. Every time I get close to someone and feel as if I’m fitting in or getting to like this person she comes along and pulls me back.