Chapter 17

A soft smile
Jack's POV:
             I woke up yawning and stretching I walked downstairs scratching my head this little girl cried in the middle of the night or so which kinda disturbed me but I was okay I went to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water when I saw Elsa with bags under her eyes and hair messy making coffee she was dozing off again and again, so she didn't had a good night sleep.

"Ah......last night was great I never slept so well in years"I said getting myself a glass of water I went to the couch but I could still hear her groaning she sat on the couch with the cup of coffee I grabbed the remote turning the TV on in full volume in just a second crying of a little girl could be heard loud and clear.

"Oops"I said lowering the volume she placed the cup on the table with a loud thud throwing a cushion at my face which kinda shocked me she left to the room when my phone started to ring I looked at the collar ID it was Mom I picked up.

"Hello? Jack! Me, Emma and your Dad are on our way to your house uh....could you please send us the address?"I heard on the other line I cringed my eyebrows in confusion looking at the phone for a minute then I placed it back on my ear.

"Why Exactly?"I asked turning the TV off I heard giggling and faint voices on the other line.

"To see my granddaughter of course"Mom said all excited I rolled my eyes and hung up I texted them the address throwing my phone aside on the couch turning the TV back on.

Elsa came back and sat on the couch drinking her coffee with two thick books in her hands she began to study with her eyebrows narrowed means she was concentrated I cleared my throat getting her attention.

"Mom and family is coming to see the girl"I said watching the TV she nodded and began to study again after some time she closed her books and went upstairs and right after five minutes I heard crying of that girl I first tried to ignore it but she won't stop.

"Elsa!! Your girl is crying!! Get down already!!"I yelled but no one answered I went upstairs annoyed and I heard the splashes of water from inside the bathroom she's taking a shower! I went back downstairs and she was still crying ugh she cries a lot!

I went inside her room and she was in her crib crying I went to her she stopped crying when she felt my presence and looked at me smiling widely I stared at her she was so beautiful she moved her small legs and arms as a gesture for me to pick her up.

"What am I doing?"I mumbled to myself brushing my hand in my hair as I started to walk away and she started to cry again I arched my eyebrows and walked back to her she stopped crying when she saw me.

"What the....?"She tried to sit up and to get to me I slowly and hesitatingly reached her as I picked her up she made sounds of excitement her big crystal blue eyes were sparkling.

I just stared at her and my other hand travelled to her cheek I brushed my finger on it she gave me a toothless smile and grabbed my finger it took her whole hand to grab my finger I didn't know what was that new feeling? It was good, it felt so right.

I reached to kiss her forehead my eyes began to fill with tears she placed her hand on my lips I kissed her small hand and I felt the edges of my lips curving up and few tears slipped my eyes she kicked her legs with excitement.

"What the.....? What's happening to me?"I whispered to myself placing my hand on my lips that were curved into a small smile I looked at her who was smiling at me innocently.