Epilogue

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ 

Falling for a Lie ~ Epilogue

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

It was early August and Niall was having late breakfast with his brother. This didn’t necessarily mean that he ate anything thought; he was just casting nervous glances at the clock on the wall every two minutes, eyes speeding across the room over and over again, Greg could almost hear Niall’s heart pumping unnaturally fast and well, he was pretty sure his little brother was going crazy…! Or, he was very nervous.

“What are you so nervous about?” Greg asked and broke the pressuring silence, causing Niall to jump a little.

“W-what do you mean? I’m not n-nervous.” Niall stuttered and brought a hand to his mouth to bite on his nails. Greg rolled his eyes.

“Niall, come on, you can tell me!” He assured, but Niall seemed hesitant. “I promise to not tell mom or dad.” he promised and Niall glanced around the kitchen before he leant over the table to get closer to Greg, who did the same.

“You know Liam and I haven’t told his parents yet, right?” he whispered and Greg nodded. “Well, they are out of town until tomorrow afternoon, and Liam’s sisters miraculously decided to spend the night at some friend’s house. You know what this means; Liam and I are going to have the house to ourselves.” Niall gave Greg a meaningful look.

“Oh, you are gonna…?” Greg trailed off and did some weird hand motion that Niall hoped he would never have to see again.

“Yeah, we are going to… Go all the way.” Niall huffed out a small laugh. “I don’t really understand why I’m so nervous, it’s not like it’s the first time I do it.” He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms.

“Well, it’s the first time you do it with a guy.” Greg shrugged.

“Yeah, and the first time it actually means something, you know?” Niall explained and Greg nodded. “Is it weird for you that we talk about this?” Niall asked and blushed slightly.

“It’s a little weird, but I can handle it. Besides, it’s time for ‘big brother duty’” Greg straightened up in his seat and cleared his throat. “Don’t do anything you don’t want to do, it’s never too late to back out, be careful and use protection!” He said with a small smile. The speech sounded a bit rehearsed, like he had waited a long time to tell Niall this.

“Thanks?” Niall said, but it turned out as a question. He turned back to his untouched food and tried to find something to eat, something to push down in his nervously dry throat. But what the hell was he supposed to eat right before he, you know… had sex? Sure, he done it before with some meaningless girls (which he regrets now) and it wasn’t like he and Liam had refrained themselves. No, they had hardly been able to keep away from each other (which caused some difficulties in school) and had pretty quickly…tried things. Let’s just say that Niall’s deep throating skills came well in handy.

“You won’t eat.” Greg pointed out.

“I’m nervous.” Niall admitted with a shrug.

“Have you noticed that Liam is always the reason for you to stop eating?” Greg asked, but Niall didn’t answer. He looked at the clock instead, which caused Greg to sigh.

“Stop staring at that damn clock!” he demanded. “And stop tapping your foot! Shit, just get out of here, go shower or something!”

“You’re a dick.” Niall said and started to make his way out of the room.

“You like dick.” Greg grinned and Niall flipped him off in the doorway, but didn’t protest against Greg’s statement.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~