Chapter 11.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Falling for a Lie ~ Chapter 11.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During the past few months Liam’s life had settled into a routine he was happily keeping: he had three new best friends that he and Louis spent most of their time with, he and Nina were closer than ever (but they had agreed to not call it a relationship yet) and when he wasn’t kiking with Nina, he was texting with some of his other friends. Mostly Niall… scratch that, he was almost solely texting Niall. All the time! He wasn’t even sure who he texted the most; Niall or Nina?
He was hanging out with Niall a lot too, mostly at Niall place, since Liam’s parents were painfully embarrassing…

——- Flashback ——-

“Mom, dad, you have already met Niall.” Liam said to his parents who stood in the hall that Niall and Liam had just entered.

“Yes, how are you dear?” Karen, Liam’s mother, asked with concern in her voice.

“I’m fine, sorry about last time.” Niall said and ran a hand through his hair; a sign of embarrassment.

While Karen had a little small talk with Niall, Liam’s father, Geoff, just gave him a silent glance.

“Come on” Liam said and started to lead the way up the stairs with Niall following eagerly. Even though Niall had been in Liam’s house before, he had never seen his room.

“Liam?” Geoff called out with a strong voice, making both boys stop in the middle of the stairs.

“Hm?” Liam and Niall turned around to face Geoff.

“Door stays open.” he announces and Niall burst out laughing while Liam flush bright red.

“DAD! Oh my God!” Liam buried his face in his hands to hide his blush that were deepening within the second. “We won’t DO anything!”

“It doesn’t matter. The door stays open.” Geoff was very firm on his point, so Liam just dragged a laughing Niall into his room (and leaving the door open).

“Why are YOU laughing?! You should be offended and embarrassed!” Liam was still blushing furiously.

“Your old man is downstairs thinking that I will have my way with you if we close the door. I’m sorry, but I find that kinda funny. Hilarious even!” Niall grinned and Liam chuckled slightly.

“Okay, maybe it’s a little funny…”

——- Flashback ends ——-

Liam almost blushed at the memory. He thought that his father’s new rule about the door was quite ridiculous, especially since it only applied to Niall’s visits. He didn’t need to keep the door open when Louis was over, and Louis was gay! And his father knew that!
… but on the other hand, Liam hadn’t cuddled with Louis in an extremely intimate way in front of his father, like he had with Niall.

Speaking of Niall, he was late. It was a good twenty minutes into maths class, but the blonde wasn’t by Liam’s side. Liam was sitting and humming the tones of ‘first dance’ by nevershoutnever, like he usually did when he thought about the irishman. Niall had actually decided that it was ‘their’ song.

Suddenly, Niall barged through the door, gasping for breath. He had clearly been running. After he had stuttered an apology to the teatcher between his panting, he slumped down in the seat beside Liam.

“Morning Payne.” he breathed out.

“Morning.”

“God, I’m so late, I overslept…”