Chapter 14.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Falling for a Lie ~ Chapter 14.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ 

Liam was lying in his bed and staring at the ceiling like it was the most interesting surface in the world. He was trying to block out all thoughts of Niall, or otherwise he would lose his head. 

It had been two weeks since the day when he had discovered who Nina really was. The day when he had lost two of his best friends; Nina and Niall. And it still hurt as much to think about it. Despite what Louis had said, he hadn’t worked it out with Niall. Lou himself had pretty quickly forgiven his boyfriend and Niall, even listened to the latter’s explanation to why he had done what he had done and he had tried to get Liam to listen too. Liam refused. He knew that he was being stubborn and childish, but the anger was still burning in his chest. He just didn’t think he could face Niall without punching him to China, so to speak.

It was Niall all the time. It was Niall that he had told everything, that he had flirted with, who he had fallen in love with - twice! And he just felt sostupid

Liam glanced at the alarm clock on his bedside table. It just turned from 02:59 to 03:00 AM. Did he mention that he had trouble sleeping? Not only because the image of Niall appeared on his retina as soon as he closed his eyes, but also because the blonde was all he dreamed about. Sometimes it was fantasies about him and other times it was memories; older ones of his laugh and smile, or more recent ones of his sad blue eyes from across the corridor. It didn’t matter in the end though; it either had Liam waking up furious or in tears. That was, if he could fall sleep at all. More often than not, his head was swirling with too many thoughts, playing over the events again… like now.

He sighed and turned over. His life just seemed so shitty right now, even if nothing was wrong except for his relationship with Niall. It had been eight days since Niall had tried to contact him. He had tried every way though. Liam almost thought that his phone would blow up with all the calls and texts he had received. He had declined every call and deleted every text from ‘Niall Sexlord’, without reading them. He knew his voicemail was full, but he didn’t care. Niall had tried to be sneaky and texted from Louis’ phone, but Liam deleted that as well when he realized that it wasn’t his brown haired best friend who wrote. Niall had even came to his house, but Liam had locked himself into his room and blared out loud music trough his speakers so that all Niall’s words from the other side of the door drowned. He thinks Niall got the hint, because he left pretty quickly and hadn’t bothered Liam since. Even if Liam didn’t want to hear from Niall, he was a bit disappointed too. It was like Niall had given up hope about them, and Liam knew that they would work it out eventually. At least he hoped they would. But what if he couldn’t forgive Niall? What if he couldn’t let go of his anger? What if Niall lied to him again? Hurt him again?

What if?

Liam groaned and turned in is bed again, tangling the sheets around himself. He glanced at the clock again; 03:27. This was going to be a long night…

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

“Why can’t you just, for everyone’s sake, forgive him?!” Louis asked. Liam ignored him (like he always did whenever Lou tried to talk about Niall) and just rested his tired head against the table.

“Don’t push it.” Zayn told Louis, who seemed to grow more irritated each passing day. It was probably because he couldn’t hang around Harry’s neck 24/7 like he used to, since Zayn and Harry took turns to hang out with Niall, or both at the same time. Louis himself visited Niall on his freetime, Liam was aware of that, but he didn’t care. This thing was between him and Niall, and their friends shouldn’t have to choose.