Chapter 2.

Liam’s smile. Liam’s laugh. Liam’s serious face. Liam’s voice. Liam’s eyes. His hair and his lips and his whole body.
Niall sighed, trying to look away from Liam, but it was impossible. He got it bad for Liam Payne. 
They had been chatting and texting (“kiking”) each other everyday for almost a month now, and hell, he was pretty sure he’s gay now. At least he’s gay for Liam.

He was sure he was going to get really bad grades, because lately, all he had been doing was staring at Liam all through the lessons.

He was trying to do it in a subtle way, but he had been caught ridiculously many times by Liam meeting his eyes, a confused and, he guessed, a little irritated expression.
He always looked away quickly, blushing so hard that people probably thought he was trying to imitate a tomato.

Zayn interrupted his thoughts of Liam by whispering in his ear.
“Do you remember that chant from yesterday?” he asked with an amused tone.

“Yeah, why?” he looked over to Zayn and Harry beside him and they were both smirking mischievously.

“One, two, three…” Zayn counted and Niall quickly understood.

“Dancing can be nice but I prefer to get WASTED!!!!” the trio shouted loudly in unison, interrupting the teacher, but causing giggles and chuckles from the students. 
Niall looked over at Liam to see his reaction.
Liam rolled his eyes and sighed, and Niall’s heart sank a little. 
Why did he join that silly chant anyway? It was immature.

“Well, if you boys could be quiet I could tell you about the assignment?” the teacher continued, glaring at the trio.
“You are going to work in pairs, and you are going to read a book together and write an essay about it and then have a small presentation of the book. I make the groups” the class groaned at her last sentence.

The teacher started to pair them up and Niall prayed that she would put him with Harry or Zayn.

“Zayn and Harry” the teacher called and said boys made a high-five. Niall sighed, he was on his own then.

“Danielle and Louis” they exchanged a small smile.

“Liam and…” the teacher scanned the classroom. “And Niall” 
Niall’s heart almost stopped. He looked over at Liam and saw the disappointed look on the other boy’s face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam almost sighed. Of all the other 23 students in his english class, he got paired up with Niall.
He really disliked Niall. Of all the attentionwhores, Niall might be the worst. Take for example that lame and foolish chant he and the other two had just shouted…
And he would probably have to do this assignment alone, because Niall is a selfish bastard that would let him do all the work and then take half the credit for it. That was at least the impression he had of Niall. That and that the Irish boy got some damn problems. Liam had caught Niall looking at him so many times now that he had lost counting. And he was starting to suspect that it hadn’t got anything to do with Danielle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lesson ended quickly with a promise that they could start up their assignment next time. Since it was Friday, English was Niall’s last class for the day. He walked home deep in thoughts.

Liam didn’t seem too excited about working together with him, but he really liked Nina, right? So, if Niall came clean and told Liam about his little lie, maybe Liam would forgive him and understand that he was a nice person. That he was the person that Liam enjoyed texting with for hours.

Yup, Niall had decided to tell Liam about him being Nina, so when he got home he went to his room and sat down on his bed. He picked up his iPhone and was just about to start his confession in a kik message when his phone buzzed, a kik from Liam.

Liam Payne: “I’m having a shitty day :(“

“Why? :(” Niall answered.

Liam Payne: “we got a new assignment in English class today, and I have to work with this dorky prick who I detest :/”

Niall stared at the message, hurt and angry.

“oh?” he replied.

Liam Payne: “Yeah, his name is Niall, his Irish and blonde, just like you… That’s weird”

“why is that weird?”

Liam Payne: “I dunno… But anyway, he is annoying and he’s probably going to let me do the assignment by myself (wich might be a good idea since he doesn’t seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed)”

Okay, Niall was actually getting really angry now. He didn’t know if he should lecture Liam about being prejudging or not, so he simply asked what the assignment was about.

Liam Payne: “we are going to read a book and write about it etc. but if I’m right, Niall has barely touched a book and is probably going to pick some lame and you know… “easy” book.”

Okay, he do have a point when it comes to Niall’s reading habits, because he actually didn’t read a lot, but that didn’t mean that he was slow or couldn’t read heavier literature.

Niall got up from his bed and grabbed his coat and wallet, writing a note to his mother that he was at the library.

Because, Niall was going to prove Liam wrong…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: the chant that Harry and Zayn and Niall shouted was lame, I know, but some guys in my class shouted it in class today and I had it stuck in my head…