Chapter 1.

Liam walked through the hall of school and thinking about his conversation with that Nina-girl that had occurred yesterday. He sighed and opened his locker. He felt guilty for even chatting with a girl and more guilty for flirting with her. Because he had a girlfriend. He scanned the messy hall and spotted Danielle. The guilt washed over him harder. Why had he been flirting with that Nina? Danielle walked over to him and he gave her a quick peck on her lips.
“Hey babe” he said, but his tone was casual. Sure, he loved Danielle, but he just wasn’t sure if he was “in love” with her anymore. Flirting away with Nina were almost proof enough of that.

Liam grabbed his English books before he shut his locker and took Danielle’s hand in his.

As they sat down beside each other, more people started to enter the classroom. Three especially loud boys entered and Liam rolled his eyes. He hated them, all three of them. Harry, Zayn and Niall were best friends, popular, loud and annoying.

He suddenly caught Niall looking over at him, his blue eyes meeting Liam’s own brown ones, before the blonde boy quickly looked away, a small blush creeping over his face.
That’s weird. He was probably just looking at Danielle, maybe he had a thing for her? Liam grinned at the thought, because Danielle was hot, and Liam was actually just a “nerd”, so it was always satisfying when someone of the popular boys were ogling at his girlfriend.

His thoughts were interrupted by a thump that meant that someone had taken the other seat beside him, and he knew just who it was. His best friend Louis.
“Hello lovebirds!” Louis greeted them with a wide smile.
“Hey” Danielle and Liam said in unison.
Louis searched the room with eager eyes, letting out a happy sigh when he found what he was looking for; Harry Styles’ bum.
“He got new trousers today” Louis whispered to Liam.
Yes, Louis had it bad for Harry, at least when it came to his physical appearance. Liam didn’t know if Louis liked Harry’s personality as well, but he hoped the answer was no. Because really, who would like someone like Harry (or Zayn or Niall)? They were attentionwhores and a pain in the ass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall walked into the classroom with his two best mates, and he will just go ahead and admit it; part of him were a bit nervous about seeing Liam. 
Sure, he had been in Liam’s class for ages, but he had never really payed any attention to the boy before.

He looked over at Liam and their eyes met for a matter of seconds before he broke the contact. He felt his face heat up, but why was he embarrassed? No one knew, and no one would.

He sat down with his friends in the back of the classroom and started to steal some glances at Liam. He was a very pretty boy, and he had a pretty girlfriend. Deborah or something was her name. Wait, why would Liam flirt with “Nina” when he already had a girlfriend?
Niall took his iPhone and started to scribble away a small email to Liam, thanking God that he had such a subtle email himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam’s iPhone beeped a little, telling him that he had a new email. He pulled it up and saw that it was from Nina.

From: blonde_leprechaun@email.cøm
To: liam_payne@email.cøm

Hello, this is Nina, from yesterday, the foul mouthed girl from Omegle, you remember?
I’m having a boring day in school, do you have kik? :)
Mine is Blondie Lep ;)
Let me hear from you this time

Liam quickly added Nina on kik, then he sent away a small message:

“Hey Nina, it’s Liam. I’m having a boring day in school too… So you’re blonde? :P funny how I feel like Sherlock Holmes for noticing it…. And leprechaun? Are you really short or what? ;)”

Liam bit his lip waiting for the answer. Soon, his phone buzzed.

Blondie Lep: “I’m from Ireland, duh! Love the Sherlock Holmes movies - and books!”

Liam smiled at the text message.

“You’ve read the books?! You are like the first person I’ve talked to besides myself who have actually read them :D”

Blondie Lep: “are you implying that you are talking to yourself, mr Insane? ;)”

Liam read through his last message and realized that he sounded like a freak who walked around and talking to himself.

“I do not talk with myself…”

Blondie Lep: “you sure? What if I’m just an hallucination of your twisted mind?”

Liam chuckled slightly. Then he looked around to see if anyone had noticed his chuckle, but Danielle were busy with her friend Kylie and Louis were busy with reading some old ass book, probably Shakespeare. Louis were obsessed with his writing, but Liam had actually never understood the charm of Shakespeare. So, he went back to texting with Nina.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall’s phone buzzed and he saw that it was another message from Liam.

Liam Payne: “Hahaha, I’m pretty sure :P but hey, I gotta tell you something… I have a girlfriend. Sorry for not telling you sooner :(“

Niall enjoyed texting with Liam too much to stop because of a girlfriend.

“It’s okay. What’s her name? And we can still be friends, right?”

Liam Payne: “Danielle. And of course we will be friends, I really enjoy texting with you :)”

Niall smiled to himself before sending off a reply.

“That feeling is mutual ;)”