Chapter 3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Falling for a Lie ~ Chapter 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall’s phone beeped, signaling a new kik-message.

Liam Payne: “Nina, I got to tell you something”

Niall put his book down. He spent this weekend reading some “deep” books, in hope to prove Liam wrong. He was surprised that he actually enjoyed the heavy literature, he should have tried this out sooner. He responded to Liam’s kik:

“What? :o”

Liam Payne: “I’m thinking about breaking up with my girlfriend”

Niall’s heart raced. Could this have something to do with “Nina”?

“Why?!”

Liam Payne: “I don’t know, I’m just not in love with her, and our relationship have become a routine and come on, I’m flirting with you, obviously I’m tired of her… I sound like a jackass, I know :(“

Niall smiled at the message. He felt a bit evil, but come on, his crush was about to go single and it might be partly because of him!

“I understand. It doesn’t make you a jackass, however if you don’t break up with her when you feel this way - that would make you a jackass”

Liam Payne: “yeah, I know, but what if I’m making a mistake?”

“you two have been together for quite a while, yeah? Of course it will feel weird without her, but you can’t just sit around and let her believe everything is good”

Liam Payne: “you’re right… But I’ll wait a little. Thanks Nina, you’re a great friend! x”

Niall looked at the little x that was a sign for a kiss and his heart felt lighter. They had never written x’s before.

“you too x”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Louis, pick up, you lousy son of a…” Liam started to say to himself trough the phone, waiting for Louis to pick up.

“Hello?” Louis’ mom’s answered, but it was a little too late to stop the words coming from Liam’s mouth.

“…bitch!” Liam wanted to slap himself.

“What?!” Louis’ mom asked, offended. Liam gasped.

“No! No, I didn’t mean you! I, uh, just, uh, I hit my toe right when you picked up! I didn’t mean to, oh god, I’m so sorry…” he heard Louis’ mom chuckle.

“It’s okay. It’s Liam, right?”

“Yeah, Louis didn’t pick up his cellphone”

“Oh? Well, I’ll go get him. By the way, Liam, you forgot some of your clothes over here at your last sleep over, just so you know”

“Oh, okay. I’ll come and get them later then”

Louis’ mom talked a bit more with Liam before she finally gave the phone to Louis.

“What’s up mate?” Louis asked.

“I need to talk to you”

“Um, yeah? Otherwise you wouldn’t call” Louis said and Liam was almost sure that Louis was rolling his eyes.

Liam took a deep breath.

“I’m thinking about break-“

“Breaking up with Danielle? Yeah, I know”