30. Captain

I was curled up in my bed. Buried down under the covers and never wanting to appear again. It was the beginning of October and Dougie had been on tour for 2 weeks now. That doesn't sound long but once you live it, time drags on making every hour without him more painful than the last. I cry nearly every day at how my heart aches and at how I miss that boy. We FaceTime each other but it's not the same. I just want him here with me.

Twitter was going crazy at my silence but after a while I stopped checking it. I missed him like crazy. And so everyday I would sit in my bed and watch movies trying to think about him and eat Ben&Jerrys ice cream. The worst thing about movies was that they were nearly all romantic and it made me feel like they had what I hadn't at the moment. No, we hadn't broken up because that would leave me broken. We were trying to make this work. I missed him so much. I was watching Bridesmaids, a comedy when my mum walked in and sat on the edge of my bed. She gave me a pitying look.

"Honey, you need to get ready" she said in a soft voice.

"For what?" I asked her croakily. Why did I need to leave my bed?

"You have an interview remember?"

I really didn't want to go. Showing my horrible disgusting face to everybody and showing them how weak I was. The worst thing was, Dougie would be watching it from where he was in London and I really didn't want him seeing me like this.

"Mum I don't want to go" I whined to her.

She took a strand of my messy hair and put it behind my ear. "I know it hurts sweetie but you have too. You have to show your fans you're okay"

"But I'm not mum" and then I broke down in tears again.

After crying for a while I stood up and looked in the mirror. My mum had left my room now and I needed to get ready for this dreaded performance. I saw myself in the mirror.

I looked awful. I had dark bags under my eyes and my lips were puffy and I don't even want to mention my hair.

"Uhhhhh" I shouted at the mirror.

I took a shower and then I brushed through my hair for the first time in a few days and then I put on my clothes for the show. I walked into my mums room.

"Mummy?" I hadn't called her that in years.

She turned around. "Yes?"

"Will you do my makeup?"

"Of course" she sadly smiled at me and I sat in front of her whilst she applied my makeup. She hummed a little tune whilst applying.

"You're ready".

*************************************

I certainly didn't feel ready as I walked onto the Talk Show. I didn't even know what this one was called or what the woman who was interviewing me was named.

"And here we welcome Skye Young!"

I walked onto the stage. Thanks to the makeup I was unrecognisable from this morning and I hoped that I could pull my act off.

"Hello, Skye" the woman shook my hand as I said hi back to her and sat down.

"So," she began "Tell us about your music. I hear that you're coming out with an album!"

That's basically how all of the interview went. I managed to hold my act and then she announced that I needed to perform my song on stage. I walked over to it and looked back at my brother who was playing guitar and Seb who was on drums. They gave me comforting nods and I faced the microphone. I'd wrote this one a few days ago and just added a bit yesterday. It was heartbreaking for me to sing it.