32. The Snow

Another month had passed since Dougie was on tour and finally it was the day that he was coming home. The only thoughts going through my mind were 'We did it'. We had made the long distance relationship work and now he was home.

It was the beginning of November and Autumn was coming to a close and Winter was starting to show. Snow was all over the place with leaves still in the ground, what was left of Autumn. I was wearing my beanie hat, my big Parker coat and my jeans with my big socks and Wellies. My gloves covered my hands and I wrapped my scarf around my neck and my mouth. I'd rather look stupid and be warm than look good and be freezing. I walked out of the door because Dougie had made me a hunt! I hadn't seen him since that time on tour. I stepped out of my front door and saw red petals sprinkled in the white snow. They were very easy to see so I followed them.

I started to giggle as I weaved in and out of the petals. I came to a box in the middle of the petals. I saw a sticky note stuck to it so I had a look at what it said. "These were chocolates but I ate them on the way here because the chocolate made me feel better in the snow. Sorry-Danny". Typical Danny. I started to laugh as I saw the empty box of chocolates. I really didn't care. I carried on trying to follow the petals. I jogged as I saw a top lying in the snow. It was drenched but I picked it up and saw another sticky note on it. "Sorry that it's damp but Dougie didn't give me anything to put it on so I'll just leave it here-Harry :)". I laughed again as I held the empty box of chocolates and the damp McFly tour t-shirt. I followed the petals again, this time I danced along in the snow. By this time it was stuck in my beanie and hair but I didn't care at all. I saw something else in the distance so I ran over to it. It was a bunch of multicoloured flowers and they were placed neatly in the snow. I saw the sticky note. "Hope you like them-Tom ;)" I picked them up and got really excited. I'd picked all of these presents up and Dougie hadn't left one... That could only mean one thing. I grinned widely as I ran with more enthusiasm as I followed the red petals. They led into the park. The petals took me on a tour of the park and then eventually they circled around the bottom of the huge tree. They stopped mid way. I snuffed the snow with the bottom of my show, looking for more petals but there weren't any. I looked around me and saw something in the tree. Dougie was sat on the trees branch, his hair damp with snow and his big coat on with baggy trousers and Wellington boots. He jumped down from the tree and handed me my last present, a little bear with a McFly shirt on. I giggled as we hugged each other, making both of us warmer. Happy tears flowed down my cheeks as he shouted "I'm back baby!" And his voice echoed in the silent outside. I laughed at him and we kissed. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and helped me carry my presents back to my house as I told him about my voyage over there as we made our way to find warmth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment opinions!