19. Chat Show

It had been six days since the Brit Awards, and it was the day before my interview on Sarah Carter's Afternoon Audience. I was looking around the local supermarket, buying a few bits and pieces. I came across the magazine rack. They were still posting pictures of me and Dougie from the Awards. Some people had guessed that we were together and we weren't denying it. We were slowly putting forward our relationship now. I picked up the magazine and started flicking through it. The main picture was the one that the paparazzi took of me looking up at Dougie and him smiling with the rest of the band around us. I bought the magazine and the rest of my stuff and walked back to my house, eating some sweets on my way.

When I arrived back I sat on the couch and started to flick my way through the magazine. I skipped to the article about me and Dougie.

'Star Crossed Lovers?' It was headlined and I rolled my eyes. Star crossed. Star. Like, we're both in the public eye.

I started to read the article whilst eating a gummy worm. 'Dougie Poynter from Mcfly has been in the media a lot lately. After being in rehab and admitted to being an alcoholic after Frankie Sandford from The Saturdays and him broke up earlier this year. Skye Young has also been in the public eye as she had split from actor Zac Smith after he reportedly cheated on her.

The two have been seen in numerous places together and always laughing and smiling. At the Brit Awards last week Skye arrived with her family as Dougie arrived with his Mcfly band mates Danny Jones, Tom Fletcher and Harry Judd. However, they didn't stay seperated for long as Skye spent the rest of the evening with the band. The two left the event separately but this wasn't the last time that they'd met. Two days later Dougie posted a picture of the two on Twitter with the caption 'Look whose here ;) Love this girl xx'. Is there a new romance in the air? We'll have to wait and see'.

There were pictures of us seen together and the picture that Dougie had posted on Twitter. We thought that might help people's suspicions. I'd be on the interview tomorrow and Dougie would be in the audience. We'd decided to admit our relationship on air. He said that he'd help me with that.

*************************************

It was now the day of the interview. I'd picked out a casual aqua coloured dress with a thin brown belt to wear. My shoes were brown wedges and I had my hair straightened and down. I was in the backstage having my makeup done now

"Is this your first time on a chat show darling?" The woman whose name was Steph said as she applied my makeup.

"It is alone. I've always been with my family" I smiled at her.

"You're going to be fine. Sarah's lovely."

My hands were shaking as I stood up ready to go on stage. I breathed in and out to try and calm my nerves. I stood to the side of the stage and heard Sarah say "Now our next guest has been in magazines a lot lately. And now she's turning into a singer! Please welcome Skye Young!"

I breathed out once more and made my way onto the stage. I shook hands with Sarah and sat down in the red chair opposite her. *Quick note: The stage and Sarah are from Ellen Degenres. So Sarah is Ellen and the stage looks like on Ellen Degenres*

"Hello Skye. We're very happy that you could be here with us today. Welcome to the show!"

I heard the audience cheer and looked at them smiling confidently. "It's great to be here. Thanks for having me. I watch this show none stop at home." Which was true. I loved this show.

"It's a pleasure. So, how's life?" I saw Sarah smirk.

"I guess we're heading right into it then aren't we?" I laughed.