5. The End to a Perfect Day

We'd played many games on the never ending rows of stalls. We were having so much fun just laughing and chatting. I mostly talked to Dougie and our shoulders bumped as we walked next to each other, changing stalls.

"I'm going to win you something" he grinned at me.

"Oh yeah? What?" I smirked.

"That" he pointed to the stall next to us and was pointing at the massive teddy bear that was hung on the top.

"I'd like to see you try" I stated. He rubbed his hands together and payed a pound to play the game. The game was to try and shoot as many of the passing targets as possible. You had to hit two targets to win an average prize, three to win a bigger prize and the whole five to win the blue, huge bear Dougie had promised me. He held the plastic gun and started to shoot at the first target. He got it!

"Yeahhh" he cheered. I cheered with him as he got ready to hit the second target.

After a minute, Dougie had hit all of the four targets and just needed the last one. He breathed out heavily.

"I believe in you" I laughed as he was taking this so seriously.

"Thanks". He steadied the gun and shot. The bullet hit the target! He dropped the gun and we cheered together as the man brought down the blue big bear. It had a rainbow bow-tie around its neck and a pink heart as it's nose. I hugged it and carried it around with me.

"What are you going to call it?" Dougie asked.

"Snuggles" I replied, hugging the bear again. Dougie laughed once more.

"You can't call a bear Snuggles. It's too basic. Everyone calls their teddy Snuggles."

"Ok then, any suggestions?" I asked openly. He thought for a minute. We'd stopped to get candy floss from the festivals many stalls. He chewed on a bit of it whilst he thought.

"Captain".

"Oh yeah, and why is Captain such a good name for a sweet bear like this?"

"Because I like pirates and I was the one who won you the bear". He told me, knowing that I'd agree.

"Fine".

Everybody had left us and me and Dougie were just walking around together. We decided to sit on the wall again which was separating the stages from the tents. We watched an act preparing to play on stage.

"What's your favourite colour?" Doug announced to me.

"I like purple and blue" I smiled at him. "What's yours?" I questioned after chewing on a piece of the pink fluff.

"Blue".

"Oh come on that's too basic" I winked, repeating the words he'd spoke to me before.

"Ok, fine then splorifig"

"What the hell's that?" I emphasised.

"It's the colour that I like" he stated, clearly having made the word up.

"Ok then, when's your birthday?" I asked. We were doing the ten questions thing. And I'd so far found out that he loves lizards, he likes skateboarding, he likes Blink-182, his best friends were his band mates and now me and Willow he added (which made me smile), he has many bad habits (dirtyyyy ;)), he'd had a nose piercing, his dad had left his family (his mum and sister Jazz) and many more facts. This was now the last question.

"30th of November 1987" he commented. "When's yours?"

"27th of February 1990" I noted. "You're three years older than me"

"Ahem, two years and 3 months thank you very much."

After talking for a bit more, we watched the sun set. Time had passed so quickly and it was now quarter to nine.

"I need to go" I huffed, not wanting to leave.

"No, stay here" Dougie begged.

"I can't I need to go back".

"Please". He made puppy eyes at me and stuck out his bottom lip. How could I resist that adorable face?

"You can walk me back" I stammered, I couldn't get over that beautiful face. How was I not hyperventilating? How was I not fainting and nervous around him anymore?

He huffed and jumped off the low lying wall and linked his arm into mine. Unfortunately, after five minutes of walk we were back at the area where we had to say goodbye. Everybody was already here, even the other Mcfly boys. Me and Doug exchanged phone numbers and promised to call each other in the morning.

"Til' tomorrow" he mumbled.

"Til' tomorrow". I reached up and wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back and then it was time to go. We all said goodbye and I waved bye to the Mcfly boys. I got in the car and turned to look out the window. It looked like they were teasing Dougie and he had a big smile on his face. I smiled too. This was the best day ever. With that, my dad started the engine of the car and we drove away from the amazing festival.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote and comment what you think! I absolutely love writing this! Thank you so much for the comments so far. You've been so great!