8. Dougie's Story

"Well I lived in essex. I was weird and uncool. I had a tiny group of friends and we loved skateboarding. We'd skateboard every day and that's what I wanted to be when I grew up. A Professional skateboarder. The other kids at school weren't into skateboarding, they liked football and so they bullied me for being different. I was shy and didn't have the guts to fight back. I was also bullied because of my lizards. Zukie was my favourite. Anyway, I started to play bass and auditioned for Mcfly. I didn't get in at first and my dad criticised me saying "Well of course you weren't good enough. What did you expect?"A few weeks later he left without any warning, only leaving a letter. I remember picking that up and seeing the words 'I just can't do this anymore'. I've never seen him since. I hated school and my life was awful. I auditioned for Mcfly again though and got in! We've had an amazing time but about ten months ago I met Frankie. Our relationship was cool but then we broke up. I went to alcohol and became addicted and went into rehab. I can't have alcohol anymore. So if you want to party, sorry" Dougie finished smiling sadly.

I breathed out. Poor Doug. He had his head down and was fumbling with his fingers.

"Hey" I said.

He still had his head bent.

"Doug, look at me".

He lifted his head a little.

"I don't really like partying". Which made him smile. "And anyway, if we did party, you wouldn't need to have alcohol. I think it tastes a bit weird if I do say so myself". With that he lifted his head properly and looked at me.

"I've never had somebody say something like that to me. Whenever I mention it, everybody else just gets awkward" he whispered, looking me in the eye.

"You can talk to me" I smiled comfortingly at him and reached my hand across the table. He grabbed it and we just sat there for a while, holding hands until it turned lunch.

"You want to come to the band house" Dougie announced after a long pause. But it was one of those comforting silences.

"Yeah sure" I grinned, although I was very, very nervous.

----------------------------------------------

Sorry for the VERY short chapter... I will try and write more I promise :)