27. The Announcement

"You guys ready?" I asked Harry and Dougie in the tattoo parlour. I held the camera so that the fans would be able to see what was going on.

Harry took a deep breath and Dougie started shaking his arms.

"We're ready" Harry sighed and Dougie nodded.

"Okay. Rock, paper, scissors!" I called.

Both Dougie and Harry chose rock.

"Awhhhhhh" they moaned.

"Okay okay stand back in the middle! Rock, paper, scissors!" I repeated. This time Dougie chose scissors whilst Harry picked paper.

"Yessss!" Dougie cried with relief while Harry screamed his no's. The tattooist lady was looking at them with an amused look on her face.

"Made in China!" Dougie pointed to Harry's foot. They took each other's hands which I zoomed in on (Pudd, right?) and Harry lay down on the tattoo bed.

The lady got the bottom of Harry's foot, writing the words on it as he winced.

"I can't believe I'm doing this!" He shouted. "What I do for this band!"

Dougie was patting his shoulder as I filmed Harry and his foot. When the lady was done we looked at his foot. It looked like a real tag on him!

After hearing the health and safety sides of how to take care of his tattoo he wrapped one arm around me and the other around Dougie and we hopped to the car.

When we got in Dougie started to drive. Harry's phone buzzed and he read out the message. "It's from Richard. Band meeting at the house. I have some important news".

"Wonder what that can be?" Dougie frowned.

"Hey, am I allowed to be there?" I asked. I'd never been to a band meeting before and I didn't really have a ride home.

"I've already asked Richard and he said yes" Harry replied.

"Okay" I smiled, excited at the thought of being part of a band meeting.

*************************************

When we arrived back Danny and Tom were both sitting on the couch and Richard and Fletch were opposite them. We sat next to Tom and Danny and looked at Richard and Fletch.

"Well guys. I guess this is it" Fletch said.

"You've been doing really well over the past months, you've won four awards! So we've decided that you should now do something else" Richard grinned.

"What is it?" Danny asked him.

"We think that you should go on tour" Richard grinned.

It hit me like a bomb. I'd never thought about Dougie going on your. My mind had never gotten around to it. I couldn't be with him every single day. It wouldn't work. I had my own family and singing career to think about. But being without Dougie would be like being stabbed in the stomach. I felt sick. I held myself together and looked over at the boys. They were all high fiveing each other but then I looked at Dougie. He had a slight smile on his face but was looking at me and we both realised just how hard this would be for us. How much strain it would put on our relationship.

*************************************

"We'll be okay you know?" Me and Dougie were lying his bed huddled up together. "We'll make it through this". He was looking down at me with our foreheads touching.

"Of course we will." I could hear the break in my voice but I held it together. Everybody knew how long distance relationships are. He would only be gone for two months but that's 8 weeks, 56 days. And those 56 days would drag. He was going on tour in 3 weeks. It turned out that Richard and Fletch had already booked the venues, gotten all the decorations ready and pyrotechnics. This tour was already planned out. The tickets went on sale just after the boys found out.

"I love you" he whispered to me. Them words that were only used on special occasions.

"I love you too" I heard my voice, a lump in my throat and I let a tear drop.