Week 4: Day 2

"I take you James, to be my lawfully wedded husband. I promise to honour and respect you, be there for you for richer or poor, through sickness and in health, until death do us apart."

Monica looked at the beaming smile on her face as she sat on the living room floor, the TV giving light to the room.

Like every other night, she couldn't sleep because James still kept Connor's tie in the middle of them while they slept.

And tonight's escape, was watching her wedding video.

She didn't know what prompted her to take it out from its hiding place but here she was, watching her and James exchanging their vows.

What if Donna was right with everything she said?

Her younger sisters words were definitely harsh and a major blow to the gut, but they did warrant so much thought.

Monica watched at how happy they looked in the video, and the passionate kiss they shared.

She couldn't help but smile seeing the loving look on James's face. He loved her so much and it was evident.

Her eyes landed to her uncle, who was giving her the thumbs up as they walked down the line passed all the guests.

'He'd be better off!'

Monica's smile slowly fell as Donna's words rang through her mind. She quickly switched off the TV and just sat in the now dark room.

Monica went through their heated argumemnt repeatedly and what Donna said about not knowing how much James sacrificed for her. But in reality she did.

There was a time when Monica went to James's work place to give him lunch and bumped into his boss.

1 year ago...

"Monica!"

'Her steps slowed down at the sound of her name being called out.

Monica smiled, once she saw who it was.

"Mr Rogers! How are you?!"

"Good. I see that your keeping our boy focused."

Monica smiled, nodding.

"I have to make sure that he brings the cake back home. And for him to do that, he has to be well fed."

The older man nodded in approval, shoving his hands into his pants pockets.

"That's why I like you! Your a great fit for him. But what surprised me is that you two didn't give the go ahead for him to take the offer."

Monica stood puzzled by the older man's words, but she wasn't going to let it show on her face.

When she was still young, her father thought her that in order to get more information about something you didn't know about is to not show your emotion. "Keep a straight face," he said. "And act like you know what they're talking about. And if you can, will them to continue without saying anything."

Monica shot her brows up and the older man rose his hands up.

"I know. The timing is off, James already told me. But him relocating to another city and having him head that hotel account would have been a major great opportunity for him."

Monica nodded, biting her lip.

"We're just not there yet." Monica replied, not knowing what else to say.