Week 3: Day 3

Monica was scared to even breathing as she stared at a sleeping James.

It was 3am and she had no sleep still. Or maybe it was because of the orange tie that was placed in middle.

James came back home when she was already in bed. She tried speaking to him, but what was she going to say?

Monica woke up, the only light that was on was the one on the night stand. She stared as James took off his clothes.

Shock ran through her when her husband got in next to in bed. She thought that maybe he'd want to sleep in the guest bedroom and not next to her.

"James?" Monica breathed out, biting her lips as she waited for his response, but got nothing.

She was about to say something again, in hopes to talk but stilled when James took the orange tie and put it between them, in the bed.

Monica blinked, unable to say anything. She tried collecting her thoughts, but she was shook; confused as she felt the shame and the urge to vomit.

'It's better if I go sleep in the other bedroom.' She thought as she threw the cover off her, ready to get out of bed.

"Where do you think your going?"

Monica stilled, and slowly turned to look at James.

"To the other bedroo-"

"No. You are going to sleep in this bed." James slowly said, his voice void of any emotions.

Monica frowned, looking at him like her grew another head.

"I can't with that tie in the middle and on our bed!"

James chuckled angrily. "So its out bed now. And why not?"

James's hard voice came out, causing a shiver to run down her back at how ugly his voice sounded.

Full of bitterness.

"You brought another man into our marriage. Had sex with him in our bed and then hours later let me sleep on it. If anything, I am doing what you already did. So get back into bed!"

Monica flinched as tears threatened to appear. She slowly got back into the bed, laying on her back and staring at the ceiling.

The way he spoke, scared her. Monica had never seen this side of him and it terrified her to think that her actions, turned him this way.

James switched off the lamp and went to sleep.

How long is it going to be here?

Monica bit her lips as silent tears pour out, the tie laying on the bed mocking her. She really did fuck up.

Monica silently grabbed her phone and unlocked it. She typed a message and sent it to her sister.

************

James took a sip of his 3rd cup of coffee that morning.

He stared blankly at the papers in front of him as he squeezed the hand that punched the door the previous day.

"You look like shit." His head shot up at the sound of his best friends voice.

"Alex. You could have at least let me know that you are coming." James dryly let out as he leaned back into his chair.