Week 1: Day 4

Later that day...

Monica ordered a muffin and juice while waiting for the contractor she was supposed to meet today.

This is meeting #6 and fingers crossed, meeting the person wasn't going to be another disappointment.

She needed someone that would agree to her low budget and payment.

In her mind, she understood that they too had to make money, but she was desperate and hoped for a miracle.

"Mrs Ecker?" Monica turned around in her chair, her eyes landing on the chocolate man that stood in front of her.

"Mr Givins, I'm guessing." Monica replied sizing the man up.

"Connor. Mr Givins is my father." The man said putting his hand out for a handshake.

"Thank you for meeting me today." Monica said as they went to go sit down at the table.

She couldn't stop looking at the handsome black man in front of her. Dark brown eyes, clean cut phade and if she guessed he stood at 6'0 and very ripped.

'Okay Monica! Get yourself together. He's just eye candy, remember that.'

Monica smiled at him as they started talking.

"I heard that you were seeking our services, but have a few questions..."

"Yes." Monica cleared her throat, fidgeting with her fingers that were on top of the table.

"My bakery burned down 2 months ago and I am not going to lie, I am struggling financially to get it back to where is was before."

Connor nodded looking at the young woman in front of him. She was really hot, and he couldn't stop looking at her green eyes. He's met so many beautiful women in his life time, but her, he found himself clutching his heart.

"And I am guessing that you want to negotiate some kind of payment."

Monica gulped, nodding her head. "What I have, isn't nearly half of what you charge and-"

"How about this." Connor started, smirking at the her. "I can see how much your struggling, so I propose that we work with whatever money you have and we work around it."

Monica blinked, not sure if her ears heard this man correctly.

"Your serious?!" Connor nodded.

"Your not going to give me the speech and tell me you're unable to help me?"

"Like I said, I am willing to help you out." Connor smiled.

Monica nodded, still not believing what he said.

"Isn't your boss going to flip out or something? I don't want to get you fired."

Connor laughed. "I am the boss Mrs Ecker, I own the company."

Monica blushed, hiding her face.

'That's embarrassing. But a successful black man with his own business, good for him.'

"Sorry, I thought that-"

"I understand, even my appearance is not...what can I say?-"

Monica shook her head. "No. What you have on is comfortable. I like it. Oh, uhm...I- I meant that-"

Connor smiled. "Yes, I understood what you meant. You don't have to be all nervous beautiful."

Monica's voice got caught in her throat. 'Did he just...'