Week 3 : Day 5

James threw his pencil in frustration as he ran his fingers through his hair. He pulled at it, trying to get the haunting thoughts out of his mind.

'Why?'

Was one of the many questions that ran through his mind.

He knew that all he could was confront Monica to get the answeres he desired, but how?

How, when he looked at her, was see her moaning and grinding into the arms of another man.

The pleasure sounds echoed in his head. The look of pleasure on that man's face as he slept with her.

His hands tightly balled into fists at the thoughts and sounds.

James loved her too much and it pained him to think that she'd do something like this.

What did he do to deserve such a thing?

Most mornings when he wakes up, he wishes that all of the misery he was feeling was just a dream.

And what was he going to say to his parents?!

'Fuck! My dad is going to take it the hardest.'

Monica and James's father have formed a very strong bond over the course of their short marriage.

His dad, in a way filled the gap that had been left by Monica's father when he passed away.

The two had eased into their father/daughter relationship and it was one of the things that made him love Monica even more.

'It's best if you just kept quiet about this for now. When the time is right, I will tell them."

James sighed, leaning back into his chair.

Before getting married to Monica, James thought of the many ways their marriage would end if it would ever come to that. - he was a realist after all - An affair, that idea he discarded it at the very far back of his mind.

"She'd never cheat - I know I wouldn't - so it's not a factor." He thought on one of his imagining moments.

"You were so wrong." James whispered out to himself.

**********

"Hey...uhm, I know we haven't talked ever since...yeah! But please Donna, I need you. What I did was wrong! So bad! I-I just need my baby sister. Please don't ignore this."

Monica took a deep breath and hung up.

She walked up to the door after hearing a knock. Upon opening the door, she regretted not asking who it was before opening it.

"What do you want?" Monica asked as she stepped out, closing the door behind her so that no one would walk in.

"Look, if it's about your nose and car, I am so-"

"I came to see you." Connor said, cutting her off.

"I don't want to see you anymore Connor, especially in front of my door step."

"You can't honestly tell me that you don't miss me?"

Monica sighed. "I don't. Listen what we did was a mistake!"

"No it wasn't." Connor replied, moving closer to her. "What we did, was more than just us having sex. I have feelings for you and I know you do too."

Monica shook her head at his last sentence, as a bewildered chuckle fell from her lips.