Epilogue

The Golden age was the age where everything was peaceful and in order under the rule of the Pevensies and with them was the Great Queen of The Wood, Leandre. Though they lived in Narnia, they were still humans and soon enough Lucy grew into a young woman that had won hearts of young men from across the sea and Susan was considered the jewel of the palace as suitors would line up for her hand in marriage.

Peter and Edmund were famous among the court officials as well as the number of women lined up for them however none of them caught their eye. As for Leandre, she let herself live near the beach where she would watch the sunset and wonder where Aslan was and what he was doing.

Sometimes he would show up in her dreams while others it was communicating through her head though it was one-sided. Her gaze went from the forest and watched in awe as it danced to the night.

Perfect day for sunbathing.

She laid herself within a few shades of the trees and let her fur soak in the heat of the sun. The sound of thundering footsteps of horses caught her ear and she couldn't help but wonder why the Pevernsie children - no - Adults would be running around and chasing a white stag.

Leandre sighed before she caught a familiar scent and she suddenly stood up and followed it. There she saw him looking majestic as ever "I was wondering if you were ever going to show up" Leandre said with a smile as she nuzzled his mane.

Aslan purred deeply at her "I am glad that you raised them well" He said, gesturing to the Pevensie children. Leandre shook her head "They still have a lot to learn before they do really grow up" The two walked with competent silence.

The lamp that signified the border between Narnia and the world the human part of Leandre knew. She turned to Aslan "Look at how things went topsy turvy again" Leandre said and Aslan smiled before nuzzling himself all over her.

"They need you much more than I need you"

"We still have a lot of work to do. A Queen's job is to help her subjects grow"

"And a King's job is to watch over his kingdom and protect it from harm" Leandre sniffed when she faintly heard the Pevensie Children on the other side.

"Seems as if I must be going. Until we meet again my King"

"I will always be with you"

Leandre nodded before she gave him a lick of goodbye which he reciprocated near her jaw. She turned and walked pass the lamppost and towards the gateway to the world where there was no Narnia and no Aslan.

A small tear slid off her cheek as Leandre felt herself beginning to change.

***

A small thud made all eyes turn to the closet as Leandre tumbled down crawling on all fours before hastily standing up.

"I hope I didn't miss anything" Leandre smiled for a bit when Lucy tackled her in a hug as if afraid she was going to disappear.

Leandre's gaze was fixed on Professor Kirke and she smiled "Good to see you again Professor Kirke" There was an underlying meaning there but the Pevensies barely paid attention to it as they raced down and out of the room.

Prefessor Kirke looked at Leandre with kind eyes and a small light she knew that only belonged to the boy who witnessed the birth of Narnia just to save his dying mother.

"Welcome Back Your Majesty"