17

The day of the wedding had come, Bella had chosen me to be one of the bridesmaids so Alice had been freaking that I didn't have a similar dress. Once I got one I relished in how good I thought I looked and how well it showed off my tattoo, which I wouldn't let Alice cover with makeup. The wedding was very beautiful and I could tell Bella was Edwards vampire mate, I loved that they found each other. Jacob was still nowhere to be seen after he received an invite to their wedding, he was still running and not wanting to accept me as his loving imprint. I was kinda okay with it because I knew eventually he would come to me and we would be happy. I could wait for him, as long as he didn't make any more mistakes. During the dances Bella was whisked away by Edward and I ate some cake, talking to reed whom I invited because Jacob was t here and I needed to socialize. We showed off our tattoos and his was a starfish in black blocks on the inside of his arm just below his wrist, which I admired. He had told me he got top in his class and became a candidate for the queen's camouflage mermaid, which they only usually consider full mermaids for. I excused myself when I senses jacob nearby. I watched from afar and Jacob and Bella talked and did a slow waltz, why couldn't he be romantic like that with me, why couldn't he actually think of me as his whole world. The minute he started to get heated about the idea of Bella having a normal honeymoon with Edward I stepped in and grabbed his hand, knowing it would calm him down.
"Jacob, we should leave"
"No, he'll kill her"
"He wouldn't dare jacob, you know that. Just like you'd never hurt me"
I tried pulling him away, but I couldn't get him to go nicely. The pack showed up and noted that they couldn't do anything while on the Cullen's land and Edward showed up to comfort his bride. I got in between Bella and Jacob, pushing on Jacobs chest with the hand that wasn't holding him and tried to get him to back down, only until we got him back to the pack house did we get left alone. He was still ranting and I was still trying to hold onto him for dear life and love. He seemed to rile himself up and I could tell he was going to change split second, right when he did I fell to the ground and held up my hands to bring up a water barrier, which his wolf form slipped right off. The pack heard commotion and had rushed out and saw this whole action, eyes going wide and the fact he could've just hurt his world. I was in tears at his outburst, I couldn't calm him and I couldn't get him to actually care about me. I let the walls slip and I begun to think our imprint had passed with his defiance. He couldn't shift back out of rage and ran off, Sam helped me up and took me inside where his imprint helped calm me down and cleaned me up. Sams imprint led me back to Jacobs house and I thanked her, I knew Jacob would get the talking of a lifetime. After Sam hurt his imprint he knew how this situation could've gone down and nobody in the pack understood him anymore. I was let into Jacobs house and I sat in this bed waiting for him to return. It was around midnight when I felt so,done shake me awake. I was leaning against the window wall and I opened my eyes to see a torn jacob.
"I'm so sorry, if you didn't protect yourself I could've seriously injured you"
"Yes, you could have."
I patted the mattress and he sat next to me, I moved to sit in his lap and I brushed his cheek with my thumb
"Why can't you feel this the way I do?"
"I don't know, there should be no reason for me to be so attached to Bella how I am"
"Because you love her, and I get that. Jake I was my best friend back"
He looked at me with sadness
"I want my boyfriend back"
Our foreheads touched and suddenly I felt the full force of the imprint, I felt the explanation he gave Bella when she asked about it, I felt my dreams and hopes change they all led to him. I opened my eyes a bit before he did and his eyes widened.
"Was our imprint not at full force?"
"Must not have"
He sighed a sorry out like the world would stop turning if I didn't forgive him and suddenly I felt like the first in his life.
"Ask Sam permission for me to block your link"
He looked up like I was crazy but I answered him with a kiss, and I shifted on his lap by letting my legs go on both sides of his body
"Ask"
He nodded and let out a chuckle, then told me he had permission. When I kissed him again I blocked off the pack, so they couldn't focus through his eyes or hear his thoughts. I smiled at him as he leaned back onto his bed.