15

I knew Bella would be just like me, sitting in her room staring out the window to watch the world in time pass by. I took Jacobs breakup as hard as Bella took Edward confessing he never loved her. I could only assume Jacob never loved me. I hadn't seen his transformation, and I hadn't heard from him since. Bella was in better shape I knew when she called to tell me she was okay, and that she was going after Edward and that I should pay Jacob some company. I smiled at her voicemail. Of course I wouldn't pick up the phone, not in this state. Mom had been begging me to go see me water friends or stretch my tail and my legs. When I finally emerge from my room I ask if I can tell Jacob and she finally agrees. I wipe up my face and make myself look presentable, putting on white skinny jeans and a black wolf tank top, I had on my bracelet and some white flats. I let my hair down and pushed it back with a white hairband and started walking over. It was a decently sunny day and I wasn't sure where the new werewolf would be, either in his new pack home, the woods, or in his garage where I knew he'd always been. I got to their house and saw nobody was in the garage or in Jacobs room, so I headed to the woods. Walking for awhile I knew I was on dangerous ground, as the wolves didn't know me and I probably smelled like danger. I'd been practicing my water wielding abilities and I knew my mom had mentioned I smelled strong and of salt. Pretty quick what looked like a giant wolf faced me and snarled.
"I want to see Jacob"
I didn't know who they were and I knew they didn't know me, but soon after he howled and I made my way back to his house jacob emerged through the trees. I knew the others were watching. He kept his eyes down and was speaking to himself, he was almost to me when he lifted his eyes and almost stumbled. He had cut his hair, shirtless showing off a new tattoo, which I should be getting soon from the water legacies, and he looked way more mature and chiseled.
"Liss"
"Jacob"
He sounded almost in awe that I was here and I couldn't manage to keep me anger in. He immediately walked right up to me and hugged me, one that I guess I needed as I almost broke down when I told myself I wouldn't.
"I need to talk to you"
We said at the same time. I frowned. What would he need to talk to me about, it's not like he could reveal his secret about being a wolf.
"You first"
I told him and he just opened his hand. I stared at it
"I hope you don't expect things to go back to normal after what you did to me"
I saw immense pain in his eyes and he cringed and put his hand down
"Just...just follow me"
We walked through the woods and made it to what I assumed was his pack house, the first person I saw I assumed was the black wolf. Alpha.
"Sorry about being demanding"
"I get it. I'm Sam"
"Melissa"
Jacobs was standing awkwardly then introduced everyone else, with sams imprint giving me a muffin.
"Liss... do you know what an imprint is?"
I turned to him
"Sure, my dad's sister was an imprint"
He breathed shakily then asked me outside while I heard hoots of laugher from inside and jokes. We made it to the cliff.
"What I need to talk to you about... you"
"Me?"
He let out a bigger sigh and brought me into his arms, I heard how fast his heartbeat was going and soon I easily matched it. If he was going to tell me he just imprinted on me how on earth would a half wolf have mermaid work?
"Liss-"
"I know"
He pulled back and looked at me
"It's okay, but I need to tell you something about me first"
He nodded and smiled that he didn't have to tell me himself. I lifted my wrist and removed the bracelet.
"Hold onto this for me, jump after me and... keep your eyes open"
He was confused for a bit and after my running start I plunged into the water, changing without my charm. I felt the water move after me and I turned to face him, he soon lost all his air by being freaked out that I had to rush to him and bestow temporary water breathing over him. I led him to the surface and turned back. He stood speechless and pulled out the bracelet.
"My mom gave me a charm so I wouldn't turn every time I hit the water"
As I put the bracelet back I didn't like how he just stared at me.
"Say something?"
I grabbed both his hands and felt his warmth, I'm sure he felt my chill because he pulled me into a big hug, which did warm me up but he didn't say much afterwards, walking me back to his pack house. At least I knew where I was now and I could visit. When we walked in the door everyone was staring at me
"What's going on?"
"We see everything jacob sees"
"I-is that so?"
I looked over to Jacob
"It's a wolf thing"
"So..."
"So we know you're a mermaid"
"It's so weird to hear out loud, but I'm only half"
After a lengthy conversation to the pack about my powers and secrecy they let Jacob take me home
"You probably should wait to come in..."
I was standing at the door and I knew my room had tear stains on the pillows and tissues everywhere. He nodded and kissed my forehead. I walked inside and told mom the gist, that Jacob imprinted and we were back together and now their whole pack knows. I didn't let her respond before I rushed to my room and started cleaning up and changing the sheets. I had blue sheets with the pillowcases having black with white lined shells on them, my comforter was one of my lighter quilts that was black and had a moon and a wolf howling to it, no blanket. As school gets toward the end and enters mid spring, I get my invitation for the water legacies to recognize me as a half mermaid and to give me a choice of schools or warrior academies to attend. Before I can make a decision I have to finish this year of schooling, and before I can do that I get wind from Jacob that Victoria, a girl who wants to harm Bella, is making an army of newborns and is preparing to do everything she can to kill her. I join the little Cullen meeting to fight off the newborns and watch from the sidelines, the wolves were all in form because they don't trust the Cullen's and the Cullen's hadn't spoken to me in awhile. I know I won't be here for the battle and I tell the pack that, they know where I'll be and I tell Jacob I'll be safe before heading out with a weeks worth of provisions. I meet up with reed as our ceremonies are two days apart and we hang out at a café. I tell him I was to attend a summer year of warrior battle school, and he tells me he's doing water arts college. The next day I'm summoned into the House of Representatives and see water legacies, or what I will become, lining the hallway. The Queen was at the front and a seamstress swam beside her holding a needle. I bowed to the queen and told her I wanted to join Tail Academia, or the warrior battle school for half mermaids. She nodded, recognized me, and let the seamstress lead me into a back room to sit on a chair and get my tattoo.