2

Arriving at the airport mom was waiting for me, but said my things were still two days away. My hunch was correct when we pulled up the the house, it was a light blue with white railings and trim where I could already see the water from the unpaved driveway. Walking into the house was something that looked like my mom's personality and I hoped she hadn't touched my room when I walked down the hallway to the bedroom at the end and to the right. One floor house will be nice, no stairs to fall down in the morning. The room was a blank slate except for a small shell wind chime that dangled in a circle above my window, which was a view of half water half the neighboring forest. I planned to check both out later as I didn't really have much decorating to do. I unloaded my suitcase after moving some stuff around, where my bed faced the forest and the sun wouldn't blind me in the morning, and moved my desk to the end where I could look at the waves to calm me. As I was unpacking my forest comforter with a black wolf silhouette on it mom came in and scoffed at it. She came back with a present which was a nice green comforter that had a white mermaid silhouette at the bottom, she smiled when I put that on my bed with matching green sheets. I put my wolf blanket over the mermaid, only showing the green and used my black pillows to cover the back, I hung my little moon shaped fairy lights on my headboard and put down my green carpet that did actually look like it went with my new comforter. I put my other one in the closet. Everything did look nice with the white walls I had and I did expect it to look better when all my things came over. A knock on my door made my head swivel and I saw one of my old friends.
"Jacob!"
I ran to hug him and felt comforted that I knew somebody had stayed here.
"Hey liss, miss me that much huh?"
I smiled at him, and he led me back down the hall. Jacob had always been someone I felt I could share everything with, he'd always been my best friend even if I only saw him for a bit of time and it was years ago. I did feel immediately reconnected to him and was comfortable already in this new home. Jacob led me to the living room where billy had been talking to my mom, and she smiled when she saw me. She'd never really liked them for some reason but my dad absolutely loved them and had invited them over all the time when he came with us, it's one of the reasons why I know Jacob so well.
"I see you've found my daughter, Melissa, why don't you go hang out with Jacob today and tomorrow and when your stuff comes in he could help you put some things up?"
"That sounds great mom"
I looked over to him and he led us out the door. We'd started talking immediately and got caught up with everything that's been going on, as it was summer he led us to the cliff he said he and some of his guy friends jump off. He knew I'd been capable before and my mom had bred me so I was basically a fish out of water and I could Olympic swim if I wanted to. I laughed as he jumped and I jumped after him and we came up on the shore together. We jumped a few more times then decided to dry off in the sun while I braided his long hair.
"I missed this"
He turned to me
"What do you mean, or do you just miss me?"
I smiled kinda sadly
"I miss laughing"
And I knew he was staring at me while I finished braiding his hair. I looked at him just as he seemed to make a decision and I saw an evil glint in his eye before he jump attacked me with tickles p, making me laugh till I was crying and couldn't breathe. Walking back to the house it was still warm and we had managed to a topic of past relationships, he had confessed he still hadn't had a girlfriend but I was okay talking to him about what had happened to me.
"I'm actually kinda glad I was able to move this far away..."
"What do you mean what happened? Did he hurt you?"
I looked down sadly then turned away from him and pulled my shirt up a bit to expose my scar.
"I played it off to my parents as a clumsy accident but he didn't like when I got the confidence to break up with him... he slashed me with a knife as I walked away"
I felt his warm hands on my back and felt even more calm knowing I told someone, and someone I knew I could trust. I turned around again and he promised me he would never let a guy hurt me again and I thanked him. The next day he took me shopping for some things I didn't have, like a good umbrella and some food. The umbrella was cute and covered me and would cover my backpack, it was clear with black dots on it. The food was food. He just walked me around and got me readjusted to the area and we ended at his house and he let me sit and watch him tweak him bike.