12

That Monday I was wearing black skinny jeans and skin colored heels with a thin black shirt that had a vamp bite image on it. I could now stand colder weathers much better and the wind didn't bother me. I had my hair up today and was wearing some red diamond earrings. I thought it was funny to sort of mock the Cullen's but then again I just found out I'd been supporting werewolves this whole time. I stayed where I was in my class with Alice and jasper because I knew they weren't the ones who'd wronged me. Over lunch I sat with Jessica's group again and took an invite to La Push to go surfing. I saw Edward visibly cringe and sigh, I decided to walk over. He looked at me.
"Don't try to read my mind, it won't work and it'll be painful. You too Alice"
I held a nicer tone when I spoke to Alice but with Edward I held no sincerity. Upon trying to walk away he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hallway.
"Why can't I read your mind without this constant screaming anymore?"
He sounded very frustrated and I smirked. I noticed he had pushed himself very close to me and I realize he probably still had deep and wanting feelings for me. I leaned back and got my face really close, he seemed to do an invisible blush.
"Can't tell"
Then I ducked under his arm and sauntered away. I already knew I was over him, I had my long overdue crush and Edward could never give me the life I wanted, which meant I was never What their family talked about as a vampires mate. It went on like this for a few more weeks and I was starting to get more in touch with Jessica's friend group, practically everybody knew about Jacob and I now, and Edward had assumed that's half of why he couldn't hear my thoughts anymore. I spent a lot of time with Jacob and it felt like we had combined our friendship and relationship and it was the best feeling. The next day Jacob invites me to go with him to welcome back Bella, and when we do she seems to only remember him
"It's okay, we can still get to re-know each other"
She offering to drive them to school but only I would be at the school. Bella had joined their friend group and found an immediate interest in the Cullen's, her and Edward became new biology partners. Everything was going smoothly in life and I could tell Edward and Bella were getting really close, I knew she was soon to figure out he was a vampire.