56. Summer in Prasanthi Cont'd - Apr & May 1993

Ugadi Discourse & Vijay Sri with Chickenpox

April 7, 1993

Prasanthi Nilayam

Dear Parents,

Divya conveys her Namaskar. All is well (and hot!) here! Swami left for Kodai Kanal on Ram Navami Day, April 1st. The Telugu paper published a small article on His Ugadi discourse. Not many details or predictions – jut the usual, “There will be dangers by fire - bombs are also fire. But those who have faith in God, those who see only God will not be affected by these disasters and troubles.” Well, of course if we see ‘all as God’ we will not be affected! But who is at that constant state of samadhi where one only sees God?! Never mind!

After Ugadi and up till Ram Navami, I got a bad cold. But I'm fully recovered now. Better than Typhoid or measles!

Vijai Sri got chickenpox and she lived in our house (room South A-13) with her mother and younger sister, for one week. It was a noisy, terrible strain for me! I tried to keep my peace but by the 3rd day I was near a nervous breakdown! Noisy, screaming kids 24 hours a day – I don’t know how people with children do it!

Well all for now – hope you are all fine there!

Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu

Love,

Divya

_________________

Happy Easter!

April 12, 1993

Prasanthi Nilayam

Dear Parents, Happy Easter!! Today is Easter Sunday, I didn’t know until an Indian told me!

Amma has been really tired lately, and has a lot of aches and pains. Maybe it’s the heat. At least the digestion troubles she usually has, has much improved lately.

Swami is still in Kodai Kanal. I am fine. I enjoy the heat; it’s better than the cold weather!

The Mandir is always ¼ empty for bhajans. They have removed all the silver decorations around the big pictures and all silver idols (Shirdi Sai, Krishna, Siva, Ganesha). It is out being cleaned somewhere. For now, we stare at the marble Ganesha and pictures of Shirdi/Sathya Sai – surrounded by fading white wash decorated with big chunks of missing cement and wooden nails half torn out.

I hope you are all somehow enjoying this Play of Maya, and by His Grace may we soon see constantly that He is all this – all is light and energy!

Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu

Love,

Divya

________________

Bad Memory!

May 5, 1993

Prasanthi Nilayam

Dear Parents,

Divya conveys her namaskars. Here all is fine. Yesterday I went out to the bus stand to send you a FAX. Had too many problems. So much for my experiments with this new invention! Now back to simple letters.

I want to send letters to you by post from here, but these Prasanthi Nilayam post people don’t seem to be very trustworthy. Sometimes they remove the stamps and resell them, pocketing the cash. The letters I write to Vidya in Bangalore, take six days to reach and they all arrive open and inspected! I sent a letter from Anantapur to Bangalore, just as an experiment, and it arrived to Vidya perfectly fine, the very next day! for these reasons, I mostly always send letters via USA people leaving.