49. Beware of False Messages - Sept 1992

(Note in 2004: My father’s father became ill due to old age [his wife, my grandmother, had died several months before] and my parents didn’t have the funds to send him to a convalescent hospital/nursing home. They got the bright idea to bring me back to USA to be his nurse till death due us part. They even saw a self-styled somebody who got Swami’s inner messages to agree that I was the sitting duck to be his nurse. They sent a plane ticket for me, flight leaving one week later. I immediately sent the flight ticket back by snail mail post, definitely refusing the nauseating post of work, along with the following letter. It happens that sickly and senile grandfather – bless his soul - died several weeks later.)

Beware of False Messages September 15, 1992

General Hospital, Prasanthi Nilayam

Dear Parents,

At the end of August Swami sent Amma stay in the hospital again, due to serious breathlessness and serious rheumatic pain making her right arm practically immobile. Now she is better (thanks to heart medication etc.), can move her arm a little, but is very weak. I am still with her here in the hospital 24 hours a day.

Yash came to hospital room on September 15th and seriously delivered your letter!

I have plenty of my own opinions but I immediately put everything in Swami’s hands and said I’d do whatever He wished me to.

SWAMI DID NOT GIVE ME PERMISSION TO RETURN TO USA.

(Note in 2004: Since I was cooped up in the hospital room with absolutely no way to communicate with Swami in the physical form, no doubt I reached this conclusion by practical analytical thinking. Probably, it was that since Amma needed me at that time to take care of her, obviously it was a “sign” that I wasn’t supposed to go to America to look after grandpa.)

As for my own opinions, I have reason to seriously doubt your sanity! One must be VERY careful of inner messages. So many devotees have become literally insane because of inner messages & voices! And have been misled by “representatives” with authentic “voices”.

With all due respect to your Canadian experiences, I NEVER talked to any psychics and I have NOTHING TO DO with whatever they say about me! How many times has Swami warned us about these sorts of people? You may have nice experiences but PLEASE Beware. How many people here disregard of Swami’s words and follow so-called “inner messages”! How they suffer, so many, because Swami throws them out of the ashram for it.

One must never get involved in visions or experiences, but always strive for GOD alone! Haven’t the gurus and all saints taught us thus?

1. Why did outer Swami refuse me permission to go to USA when your so-called message did?

2. Why did you not consider the time it would take for me to get visa clearance, etc., in the event I would get permission?

3. Why did you not write first to get my opinion and outer Swami’s opinion?

4. Why did you not consider that I might not be suited to take care of a stranger (he is ‘grandfather’ only in name) and a male also??

That you acted without thinking and wasted so much money is really shocking. Where are the practical parents I knew who brought me up in spirituality so well? How is it that they are becoming immersed in a world of visions & false message? I am praying that you will escape beyond it and Swami will save you from further losses!!

When Indians start to get “messages” they say that they have gotten the “foreigner’s disease”! It is a frightening world. There is ALWAYS a percentage that is right and a percentage that turns out wrong! You seem to have put your foot forward in the wrong direction. To begin with, this message of “Baba wants Divya to take care of grandfather” has been rejected & nullified by the living God!

I would do whatever Sai wants me to, so I am glad He has saved me from going into a materialistic vibration world, away from His Avatar, and to be near a stranger gent with a temper! Am I so advanced to be able to stay peaceful and accepting around a temper-filled, sick gent? NO! I don’t care about money at all! I even wanted to escape Amma; so much I despise this life of slavery. Unfortunately Swami stopped me, you know the story.

So I am trying to accept Swami’s Will and do what I am supposed to. In the meantime it looks like I will also have to deal with psychics using my name and messages concerning me coming from who-knows-where.

This Kali Yuga is very frightful and dangerous. We can only cling to God with all our might and use practical knowledge to dispel things that sneak in due to restless mind.

It would be so much more difficult if we didn’t have the Living God to consult.

Your dream was very nice Mom. Swami was very kind to you. As Kali seems to be with you, I pray for Her to destroy all mind-born (or otherwise) false “messages” and “visions” and to let you learn and go beyond the helpful, inspiring and true visions.

Please, in future, consult the person who is referred to in your message to get their opinion also - before you act! Or else suffer losses!

Why had grandfather been moved so many times? He must be quite difficult! I wouldn’t be able to handle him! Perhaps Swami knows this. I don’t have much patience really. Due to affection and Swami’s orders I somehow manage with Amma (with a lot of fights but I doubt elderly man would be so affectionate in fighting!).

Why not ask second daughter who is worldly and likes being around males or get a good male nurse or a lady nurse who doesn’t mind taking care of gents? I am thankful that physical Swami has saved me from parents dragging sanyasi daughter out of presence of Him. All is His will.

So, I hope Swami will take career of you and not allow maya to overcome you so much as to hurt others.

Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu

Love,

Divya