38. Nice Darshans & Ganesh Chaturthi - July to Sept 1991

He Looked So Contented

July 28, 1991

Prasanthi Nilayam

Dear Parents,

Divya conveys her namaskars

Vidya still has my astro chart and goes over the books in her spare time. She says she will die of rectal cancer and I’ll die of fever! She says it’s in my chart that’ll go bald. Also she says I’ll tend towards eye problems – which isn't true – the eyes are the only one of my senses that are really sharp!

The basic difference between Venkamma and her sister is that they have nothing in common.  

Guru Purnima (26 July) went off well. The baby Vijai Sri arrived so she clung to me and even caused a scene or two in front of all the relatives, demanding to be with me. I couldn’t attend the discourse due to baby-sitting!

Vidya (who adores her) got her two big colorful illustrated books – one of Rama and one of Krishna – which I read to her and which she never tired of. Also Vidya got her paints, which she never saw in her life, so she also loved them. The family had gone to Tirupati and had shaved their hair off (of both babies).

Many people came for Guru Purnima. Swami smiled and raised His eyebrows in mock surprise in Darshan, to show His approval and love of old & new faces. All the 900 Anantapur college girls came, and every Darshan there was 10-15 girls with Birthday trays, all with candy. He’d throw some to the girls and some to us. One time I got two from His hand to mine!

Parvatamma’s better and has been switched from the Bangalore nursing home to Swami’s hospital near Whitefield ashram. She is still very weak and is not eating much.

Venkamma is fine. The culmination of her existence is about to come (haha) as the youngest grandson (of the three she raised), named Shekhar, is about to get a job. She considers this (and his marriage, which he is dead-set against) as the last of her duties on earth.

I am fine, in good health, in peaceful mental condition, and grateful to be able to be in the presence of the Lord and see Him daily! The sages did tapas for countless years just to get a glimpse of Him, how lucky are we to fill our eyes, hearts & minds with His vision several times a day, and receive His looks, namaskar, candies from His hand! He is also pleased to see us, especially in maya where He seems to enjoy us more.

During Guru Purnima, in the morning I was in Darshan and He came and looked upon our section, which was full of people flooding back and beyond the compound walls - thousands & thousands of thirsty eyes riveted on Him only. He stopped and looked at all of us, then suddenly caught His breath and gave a deep, intense sigh, and love & power was pouring out of Him, on and on. Such is the play of the Creator and the Created! He looked so contented, yet as if He could not take the intensity of love that was everywhere. Thus He gives us glances of Himself!

So all is well here.

Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu.

Love,

Divya

___________________________

Raised Eyebrows & Krishna Grins

August 7, 1991

Prasanthi Nilayam

Swami seems really happy lately, since after Guru Purnima. Thousands of foreigners continue to pour in, it is like a festival day every day! Swami seems pleased with it - every Darshan is lush with His smiles and giggles! He inquires of new groups, calls many for interviews, gives much vibhuti and throws candies - delighted with his creation! There is much raising of eyebrows and Krishna grins. A happy Lord is a Blissful sight! We can be swept away in that Bliss and merged in it, our true natures! There is a great feeling of sharing with Him, He is acting as a close friend, skipping along with us.