15. Venkamma Harsh, No Birth Info - Oct 1989

Venkamma Very Harsh With Me

October 26, 1989

Prasanthi Nilayam

Dear Mahaji, William, etc.,

Swami left to Bangalore on 19th October and is expected back by 10th November. By God's Grace the new short nice office man (named Narayana – but I’ve renamed him as Rama’s brother Bharat!) gave me permission to stay and now I'm in Round House 1 room A4 with a nice Sri Lankan lady. She’s sort of a VIP (husband is a Sri Lankan High Court Judge and their house in Sri Lanka is guarded 24 hours a day by police & army, she tells me), so she expects me to bring her food to the doorstep. I don’t mind plus I get a lot of leftovers so I'm very well fed.

Venkamma is being VERY harsh with me, it’s very difficult. She’ll either ignore me completely or yell at some small thing (because I'm obeying all the big things!), making me out to be a terrible person. Whatever I do or say seems to be wrong! And she won't tolerate me not coming at all, because she thinks if I'm not coming, it means that I'm not eating! (Mostly true!) This is most likely attempting to teach me ultimate, supreme unattachment and equal mindedness. Sigh. Sai.

Love,

Divya

____________________________

No Birth Info

October 27, 1989

Prasanthi Nilayam

Dear Peoples,

Mom, looks like I won't be able to send any info to you to do Swami's family horoscopes - Venkamma insists that no one’s birth info in Sai’s family was recorded, not time or day or even year. She doesn’t even know how old she is. For Sai there were many special signs so His birth was recorded.

Love,

Divya