Bill Denbrough

T-THANK YOU

You were walking home from the library in the pouring rain, umbrella in hand, but it barely helped due to the unruly wind. A few feet from you was a boy in a bright yellow rain coat, crouched by a storm drain and talking.

"Um, hello?" You approached him carefully, "Are you alright?"

He looked up to you with an expression mixed with fear and sadness. The boy immediately stands up and runs into your arm. You wrap the one free arm around the boy and hold the umbrella closer to him, not caring if you got more wet. "I lost my paper boat in the drain!" He exclaimed, pointing to it, then he began a whisper. "But there's something in there, a clown."

Your eyes roam towards the small opening of the storm drain. There a white head peaked out until a red balloon covered it. With a maniacal laugh, the figure disappeared below it. "Let's just— Let's get you home, okay?" You hurried your words, keeping the boy close to you.

He nodded, guiding you to his home down the block. Once you reached the porch, he knocked on the door. It took a moment before the wooden door was opened and the figure of a boy that seemed to be your age appeared.

     "G–Georgie!" He sounded relieved to see, what you assumed to be his little brother. "Y–You scared m–me, I–I was w–worried about y–you." His eyes then met yours and he blushed slightly.

    "Hey," you start nervously, crossing your arms over your chest. "I, um, I saw your brother alone. He looked scared by something, so I brought him home."

     "I lost it, Billy. I lost the boat." Georgie whined sadly, looking to the ground in shame.

     "S–She, Georgie. Boat's are c–called she." He pulled his brother inside and ushered Georgie off to the stairs, then his attention was back onto you. "T–Thank you."

     "It was no problem, really." You thought for a moment, wondering if the time was even appropriate, and then you decided to go ahead and speak out on your thoughts. "My name's Y/N, and I was– I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out sometime? Perhaps, while it's not raining?"

     "B–B–Billy." He struggled to say his name with the overall stutter and his embarrassed nature. Billy thought you were cute and immediately smiled at your request, "I–I would l–love to."