Beverly Marsh

LOOKS GOOD ON YOU

You were doing homework when you heard the faint tapping on your window. Beverly, your best friend and secret lover, stood outside. Her face was red and stained with tears. You rush to the window, opening it and letting her in. Once she came into complete view, you finally noticed her change. Her hair was chopped off, a very sloppy cut, so obviously done by herself.

"Bev, what happened?" You question, taking her in for a hug. She wraps her arms around your waist and rests her head in the crook of your neck as she cried silently.

"What always happens." She said in between soft sobs. Beverly pulls away and wipes her tears with the backs of her hands. "I'm sorry. I didn't— I didn't know who else to come to."

"You can always come to me." You tell her, watching the corners of her lips turn up into a faint smile. "Would you like me to fix it?" You point to the mop of red hair on top of her head.

She lets out a nervous chuckle, nodding her head. "It felt right in the moment, cutting it all off." Beverly attempted to explain herself, but no explanation was needed to you.

"It's alright. Short hair looks good on you. You pull it off better than any of the guys at our school." You managed to compliment and tease her in the same sentence, making Beverly laugh and shove your shoulder. "You look beautiful though, really."

Her cheeks reddened once again, though this time from being flustered instead of upset. She picked her head up and met your eyes, leaning in and pecking your lips softly.

"What was that for?" You ask.

She shrugs, "I just felt like it." Then her eyes flickered to your lips again, and she kissed them once more. "And because I want to show you how much you mean to me. I appreciate all you do for me, truly, Y/N."

"I know, Bev." You take her hand in yours, putting a comforting smile on your face. "Now, let's fix that hair."